Click drivers from MBN

Hello,

Here is the MBN-TinyCLR public repo where you can get TinyCLR 2.0 (preview5) drivers for different Click boards.

Please read the “README”, mainly on the “how-to use” our drivers.

You can see the complete list of modules we own, with status.

There are roughly only half of the drivers available so far.
This is because I do not personnaly own all of them and my colleague Stephen (@scardinale) has the others. But since he hasn’t a dev board yet, those are not yet “certified” to work as expected. A board is on its way to him, but it may take some time because of current international situation.

You wil also find some “not working” drivers. Not much. Those will be reviewed later as the priority was to put this first list online.

Anyway, any criticism is welcome. You can also participate or enhance things if you wish.
This is our first GitHub public repo so it may not be as perfect as we would like.

Regards,
Christophe

8 Likes

You have everything, except for the one I am looking. MAC Address click :d

1 Like

This is sweet!!! I guess with this introduction we can remove our click drivers folder from samples and just put a reference to your repo instead.

2 thigns:

• your logo image is broken in readme.md
  • where is the radio click module? :slight_smile: This one is one of my favorites. Feel free to grab whatever code from our samples before we delete and reference your repo instead.

Thank you for this awesome effort.

2 Likes

Some of your colleagues begged us to specifically not develop this module.
I don’t remember exactly the terms but I think they were talking about special musical tastes, rather far from generally accepted standards. :yum:

Edited : logo was refering to a private part of the repo. Fixed. Thank you for the report !

I have downloaded the Sample repo. Thank you !

2 Likes

Which “Radio” Click are you referring to. FM click, RadioStation click or the Am/Fm click? I have all three. Just let us know which ones you want us to work on first.

It is the FM click. The code is there to get your started.

There is also code for other ones that you can benefit from. For example, the 7x10 click is very simple but very tricky. It took us a couple of days to get right. Also, the Oled Click takes advantage of our display drivers.

Anyway, please feel free to grab them all. I love what you did and we want to help you build even more modules’ drivers if we can.

FM Click is coded in our list.
The only thing so far on my side is that it does not seem to find stations. But perhaps my antenna is not long enough.

Edit: why do you ask for it if you already have it ?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Because we want to remove it

Hello @Bec_a_Fuel,
I tested the ADC3Click driver on SC20100 and SC20260D with v2.0.0-preview6. It’s a good job. Please do so. I will test STEPPER click, RELAY click and DC MOTOR 4 click soon. I also use RS232 click, SHT1x click and Force click (not in your list). Do you plan to put drivers on nuget ?

2 Likes

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Drivers on NuGet is something we are thinking at.
Beyond the fact that we do not master (yet) this thing, the major problem so far is the number of drivers we have and that we would have to maintain. Only managing the source code base is already a pain… :wink:

Help would be welcome if Nuget becomes “mandatory”.

Christophe

1 Like

A lot of work at the moment but help is still possible in the future. :wink:

Hello.

Clickboards are less common than Arduino shields,
but will they become more popular?
I’ve seen mikroBUS from time to time lately, but I don’t think it’s fully recognized yet.

Do you use any of these boards? Do you use .NET?

I use BLE2 click, heart rate click, etc.
This is very useful, but mikroE only provides a library for its own compiler.
I used the .NET with G30. TinyCLR didn’t exist at that time.
Are TinyCLR and Clickboard good friends?

1 Like

Yes they are. We have them supported in many of our boards and you can see a lot of provided drivers in this post, thanks to our friends.

4 Likes

They even work under Android. I have tested and working the Load Cell Click using GPIO bit banging with Android 8.1 with JNI. Next to be developed and tested is the 4-20mA driver output.

I’ve also got the Wifi Click under test with the SITcore.

My only issue is hardware related. Getting the SMD sockets to be in the correct alignment. I might just change to the through hole for any future builds. Much easier to align, especially when your board has 7 of them on it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We have the 4-20mA Click done for TInyCLR. Perhaps you can use it as a starting point for Android ? It will save you some time, although this is not a difficult module.
The only thing is the calibration data, which cannot be determined in advance. So you will need some measures to get it right. But this is more or less expected.

Should be no issues getting it to work. I will be using the 4-20mA T Click to control proportional valves.

Calibration is easy as I have a Druck UPS III loop calibrator. I already use this to calibrate the 4-20mA inputs. Expensive but it runs to 3 digital places.

Not completely impressed with the 4-20mA T Click although getting it to work with Android was trivial once I could find the right commands to control the SPI device.

Output 400 to the DAC and I get 3.999 mA and 2000 gives me 20.018 mA but that is half the resolution of the DAC’s full 12 bit range. :frowning:

Resolution is 0.009 mA per bit.

I think by changing the 20K resistor to 10K we can double the resolution. I’ll order a 0.1% version to try this out.

That should be more than enough to control proportional valves, which is what I need this for.

1 Like

My first click board design for internal use only. A 3 output valve driver capable of 1A per valve at 24V. Used to switch solenoid valves in a hydraulic systems. The onboard ATTINY814 handles the driving of the high side switches and communicates via I2C. Feedback from the drivers allows me to sense short or open connections. I’ll be order boards this week.

Loving this Click concept. I can drop in only what I need to assemble each control system. I could have designed my own plug in solution, but I already use a number of off the shelf Click boards so it seemed ideal to use what already works.

7 Likes