ChipWorkX on Virtualbox (Win7)

I try to use ChipWorkX on a Windows 7 running in Virtualbox.

Updating the TinyBooter (USB Tinybooter Updater Driver) was fine but during install of the USB access interface (using GHI_NETMF_Interface.inf from USB Drivers/GHI_NETMF_Interface) i get the error from windows:

“The folder you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for 32-bit-systems.”

Does there exists a solution for this problem ?

You did make sure you had the right driver right? (64bit won’t work on 32bit OS).

Yes should be the 32-bit version (downloaded from GHI homepage)

Win 7 in VirtualBox reports the USB access interface driver as “USB Controller”.

Unfortunately i can’t install the driver manually (see error message above).

Can i switch the access interface from USB to (for e.g.) Serial via Hardware or only programmatically ?

Yes you can use serial instead of USB. The user manual have all the details

But i can change it only programmatically (USB -> SERIAL) ?

I can’t remember but try this, hold select+down button down while you reset the board then look at display. What does it say for interface? If it still says USB, then try select and up.

Ok i will try it at home - Thanks

From the manual:

EMX:

[quote]You can force EMX to ignore the software settings and use LMODE pin to select the debug
interface (USB or COM1). This is helpful in case the incorrect settings are stored. This is
done by holding Center and Down buttons upon startup. Note that for Embedded Master
(the older version) only, holding Center and Down buttons will force the interface to COM1
because the LMODE pin is not available.[/quote]

ChipWorkX:

[quote]You can force ChipworkX to ignore the software settings and use the default USB
interface. This is helpful in case the incorrect settings are stored. This is done by holding
Center and Down buttons upon startup.[/quote]

On ChipWorkX the Debug Interface remains always USB (select + UP / select + DOWN) …

Then you need the USB drivers installed somehow?

The problem is, that i cant install the USB driver in my Win7 (VirtualBox) - i dont know why …

So the only option for using ChipWorkX in my VirtualBox is, that i connect the ChipWorkX on a second PC and swtich the Debug to SERIAL programmatically…

Are there some new drivers available for the USB Drivers/GHI_NETMF_Interface ?

I dont get the driver USB Drivers/GHI_NETMF_Interface working on my Windows 7 (running in Virtualbox).

I can install the USB/Serial driver for update TInyBooter - but then i am not able to install GHI_NETMF_Interface -> windows reports a “unknown device” (I always get the error during install : “The folder you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for 32-bit-systems.”)

No need to post same question twise. Please see other thread