Checking CPU usage

Are there any ways to keep track of how the CPU is performing?

I recently came across this thread and it got me thinking.

It would be very useful to see how much time the OS is spending on garbage collection, switching threads and idling. It would also be cool to see what thread/timer is taking a lot of time to complete/run.

Some of these can be done by simpling keeping track of some datetime objects, but not all of these. However, they are very useful debugging tools for when you’re trying to find the limits of what sitcore could do! :smiley:

1 Like

I would like to see such feature as well. Do you want to add to GitHub?

2 Likes

It’s done. Issue #1098

2 Likes

Is there a possibility to get this feature moved from backlog to V2.2 ? :slight_smile:
Would really like to see this as I sometimes feel I might be trying to do too much with my SC20s :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, I really like the new feature so far! :sunglasses:

Would it be possible to get metrics to see how much time is spent context switching or how much timeslices a certain thread or timer is using?

Seeing time spent on context switching makes it possible to see if you can add more threads or need to try to cut down on the amount of threads.

Being able to how much time specific threads take can make it easier to target what code to optimize.

Speaking about it, a guide about how to optimize code for speed would be incredibly useful!

1 Like