Cerberus UsbClientDP error on socket 8

I’m getting an exception with the Cerebus that I have not seen previously. I reflashed with TinyBooter_4_2_0_1.dfu just to be sure and still get the following error:

A first chance exception of type ‘System.NotSupportedException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll
The thread ‘’ (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Warning: socket 8 is not compliant with Gadgeteer : Cpu pin 4 must be specified for socket of type D
Warning: socket 8 is not compliant with Gadgeteer : Cpu pin 5 must be specified for socket of type D
Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZCerberus version 1.1
A first chance exception of type ‘Gadgeteer.Socket.PinMissingException’ occurred in Gadgeteer.dll
An unhandled exception of type ‘Gadgeteer.Socket.PinMissingException’ occurred in Gadgeteer.dll

Additional information:
Pin 4 on socket 8 is not connected to a valid CPU pin.

@ Mike Dodaro1 - I’m getting a similar error with my Cerberus using the USB Client SP module, but my error message is a little different. Mine stops after the warning:

“Warning: socket 8 is not compliant with Gadgeteer: Cpu pin 4 must be specified for socket of type D”

I have not updated the board, so perhaps that’s the problem in my case. My Cerbuino Bee worked fine out of the box, so I figured I’d try the Cerberus that way, but perhaps it needs updating.

Is it possible your board didn’t update properly? Can you ping it from MFDeploy? My Cerbuino Bee responds correctly to a ping in MFDeploy, but my Cerberus doesn’t, so perhaps that’s a way you can diagnose?

@ Mike Dodaro1 - FYI, I just reflashed my Cerberus with TinyBooter_4_2_0_1.dfu, and my program now runs successfully, though I’m still getting the warning on socket 8. In fact, I’m now getting a warning for both pin 4 and pin 5.

But the program does execute, which it did not prior to updating the firmware.

Does your program execute successfully (apart from the exceptions)?

Thanks, Andrew. I have reflashed twice now and still getting the exception. I get these errors too:

Warning: socket 8 is not compliant with Gadgeteer : Cpu pin 4 must be specified for socket of type D
Warning: socket 8 is not compliant with Gadgeteer : Cpu pin 5 must be specified for socket of type D

I can’t ping in MFDeploy. It hangs with: Pinging… TinyCLR

Unsupported Exception on power up is okay and safe to ignore

The board will run a button, but not the Oled driver I built that I want to test. So, it must be the driver. :0)

Everything released before this SDK we are about to release is very buggy. We hope to get it out tomorrow morning.