Cerberus Firmware version does not match managed code version!

I just received a Cerberus board and tried to download a simple Hello World program. Below is the Visual Studio output from the download attempt. I have the latest .NETMF and GHI SDK’s installed running with VS 2010 Express. I’m assuming the from the messages that Cerberus Firmware is not compatible with with the latest .NETMF and GHI SDK’s? But can someone confirm this for me before I attempt to install the latest firmware? Or is it possible that I have another issue? Thanks!!

Create TS.

Loading start at 8059dcc, end 807ac80

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)
Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.OSHW.Hardware (4.2.3.0)***********************************************************************

• ERROR!!! Firmware version does not match managed code version!!! *

• Invalid native checksum: GHI.OSHW.Hardware 0xF0D4135D!=0x52D307E9 *

Resolving.

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

Cannot find any entrypoint!

Done.

Waiting for debug commands…

‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\mscorlib.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll’, Symbols loaded.
The program ‘[3] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

This is normal for purchased boards. You have to update the firmware according with the instructions.

@ Architect - Thank you for the quick response. I successfully updated the firmware per the instructions and the board now works!

Awesome! And welcome to the community! :slight_smile: