Cerberus beginner problem

Hello All,

Just got my first Gadgeteer kit today (FEZ Cerberus) have set up the hardware and started trying the introductory exercise in the FEZCerberus Basic Kit Guide.pdf which involves toggling an LED on/off using the Joystick.

when I attempt to compile the code I receive the error message below.

Can anyone confirm that I need to update the firmware on my board (GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software)?

I am using a fresh install of Visual Studios 2010 and the latest version of the GHI NETMF v4.2 and Gadgeteer Package July 23rd which is found at this link: http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7982

Create TS.

Loading start at 8059dcc, end 807ac80

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)
Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GTM.GHIElectronics.Joystick (1.0.1.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: System.Http (4.2.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security (4.2.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerberus (1.0.5.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Lights (1.0.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Touch (4.2.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GTM.GHIElectronics.LED7R (1.0.0.0)Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.OSHW.Hardware (4.2.2.0)***********************************************************************

• ERROR!!! Firmware version does not match managed code version!!! *

• Invalid native checksum: GHI.OSHW.Hardware 0x73150480!=0x52D307E9 *

Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: GTM.GHIElectronics.Joystick (1.0.1.0) needs assembly ‘Gadgeteer’ (2.42.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Net’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘System.IO’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.Http (4.2.0.0) needs assembly ‘System’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.Http (4.2.0.0) needs assembly ‘System.Net.Security’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System (4.2.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Net’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerberus (1.0.5.0) needs assembly ‘Gadgeteer’ (2.42.0.0)

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerberus (1.0.5.0) needs assembly ‘GHI.OSHW.Hardware’ (4.2.2.0)

Assembly: Lights (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Gadgeteer’ (2.42.0.0)

Assembly: Lights (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GTM.GHIElectronics.Joystick’ (1.0.1.0)

Assembly: Lights (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GTM.GHIElectronics.LED7R’ (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: Lights (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerberus’ (1.0.5.0)

Assembly: GTM.GHIElectronics.LED7R (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Gadgeteer’ (2.42.0.0)

Error: a3000000

Waiting for debug commands…

The program ‘[1] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The most common mistake is not having the latest firmware. Please make sure you have the latest SDK, see release notes. After installation, make sure you’ve loaded the latest firmware on the device. The firmware is updated though the integrated updater software found under the start menu. If that fails, or if your device doesn’t have such software, you can always run the update manually.

(Generated by QuickReply)

Absolutely you need to confirm your firmware matches the SDK version you have installed. Glad you answered your own question :wink:

Go forth and develop !

Holy crap!

It works!

Damn! This is great stuff!

Thanks for the heads up Brett, My system is a GO!!!

Givi

I’m having the same problem with my FEZ Spider (starter kit). I’ve update my board (I’m using .netmf 4.2) but the problem remains!

UPDATE:

The problem is in the Glide dll. Does anyone know if it’s supported?

You need to rebuild glide DLL from source codes.

Welcome ruimsimao

Then you weren’t having the same problem :wink: :wink:

Just a tip for looking forward, it’s probably better to try to start your own threads unless you know for sure that you have a 100% match in the problem conditions, board, software in use etc etc…

Sorry for the misplaced post, and thanks for the help.