Can't update Spider firmware because board isn't recognized in 'Loader' mode

When I switch the configuration to ‘Loader’ mode, my PC is unable to recognize the device. It is shown as ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ / ‘Unknown Device’.

In the device status in device manager, I see the below.

When I switch it to ‘Default’ or ‘Tinybooter’ mode, the device shows up as

I’m running on a 64 bit Windows 7 box with 8GB of ram.

I have the USB card hooked to socket 1 and directly connected to the USB

Any ideas? I can try it on another box monday.

I tried a few more times, and it finally recognized it!

Weird.

what is the speed of the processor in your PC? USB 2.0 or 3,0?

Hi,

Same problem here, the PC doesn’t recognize the module when in loader mode (shown as “unknown device” in the devices manager).
Tried uninstalling / reinstalling, impossible to update the drivers.
However, it’s well recognized and works fine in default mode.

I use Windows 7 64 bits. The module is connected mainly through a powered USB 2 host, but I have the same behavior connected directly on the main board USB 1 or USB 2 interfaces.

Try loading the drivers manually.

Thanks Gus for your kick response, but if I try to manualy select the [italic]GHI_Bootloader_Interface.inf[/italic] in the [italic]Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_Bootloader_Interface[/italic] folder, Windows says the folder doesn’t containt any compatible driver, or the driver is not for X64 machines.
For your information, the [italic]…\GHI_Bootloader_Interface[/italic] has no sub folder, but the[italic] …\GHI_NETMF_Interface[/italic] has sub folders x64 and amd64 containing .sys files. Is it possible that some files would be missing in the setup ?

Maybe rest the pc?

Already tried rebooting the PC.
Can anybody tell me which files / directories are in the [italic]Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_Bootloader_Interface[/italic] ?
Still can’t even test my 2 month old wifi module :frowning:

There is 2 files, inf and cat.

Hope you don’t mind me continuing with this thread as it is fairly recent.

I got myself into a silly position where the system was constantly rebooting. I have deleted all code and hoped to start again from scratch (Using the bootloader and a terminal program). My computer does now recognise both the loader and debug interfaces.

I now need to update firmware because I had deleted it but the firmware updater does not recognise the board. I don’t think I updated the board when I first started a few weeks ago.

When I start up the updater I get 2 consecutive identical error messages like the one attached. It then starts up apparently correctly.

Any thoughts,

Your pc may not be up to date with latest updates. Try to update the firmware manually instead of using the updater program.

Look for “firmware update” under tutorials.