Can't install netmfvs2013.vsix

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 x86 to x64. I’ve had to reinstall everything, including Visual Studio and netmf. Running VS2013 express, I was able to install MicroFrameworkSDK.MSI out of the netmf-v4.3.2-SDK-QFE2-RTM package, but netmfvs2013.vsix crashes with the following fault:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509ChainStatus> Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.IInstallableExtension.get_InvalidCertificateInformation()’.

I then noticed that the install directions on the GHI support page calls for VS2013 Community. I uninstalled Express and installed Community, but I am still getting the same error. I’ve reinstalled VS several times now, rebooted between installations, but I always get this error.

Google has failed me utterly with this error. Can anyone help?

2 Likes

Posting the solution so anyone else with this issue will see it. The problem was that I had previously installed Visual Studio 2015 on this system. When I opened the Task Manager and opened the properties for the task that was giving me errors, it pointed to the VSixInstaller.exe found in the Visual Studio 14 folder. When I opened the vsix file manually with the VSixInstaller.exe in the Visual Studio 12 folder, it worked.

2 Likes

Have some exp points for your troubles.

Also, update your profile; let us know more about you.

Thanks for the XP! I’ve updated my profile, per your request. Warning: I’m a pretty boring dude!

Obviously you aren’t that boring if you are chatting it up on this forum! ;D

You seem to be less boring than me.