Cannot find any entry point error

Debugging 2 identical custom boards with SCM20260N modules. Getting the dreaded Cannot find any entrypoint and likely because nothing is being deployed.

Nothing seems to get deployed when I click run. I’ve done a reflash of the firmware and erased the application area. I have the modules enabled for extended flash etc. Both exhibit the same issue.

Build Output shows this.

Opening port ‘\?\usb#vid_1b9f&pid_5010#5&390d6484&0&1#{c13bcfe9-5e84-4187-9baa-45597ffcbb6f}’.
Attaching debugger engine.
Debugger engine attached.
Generating device specific assemblies.
Restarting interpreter.
Attaching to device.
Waiting for device to initialize.

Followed but this in the output window

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Resolving.

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

Cannot find any entrypoint!

Done.

Waiting for debug commands…

The program ‘[17] TinyCLR application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Strange thing is that I was able to deploy and debug a basic program before I started to write the meat of the code.

I now have 1 board working but unable to debug it. :frowning:

This happened to me, make sure that the the main project is set as the startup project in visual studio

Did you add any other assembly as reference?

I am having the exact same problem as Dave. I was working on a project and it was working fine. Then I deployed a different project and it run the first time. After that, it wouldn’t deploy again. Deleting the application didn’t work either.

This debug engine does not support exception conditions. The condition(s) will be ignored.

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Resolving.

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

Cannot find any entrypoint!

Done.

Waiting for debug commands...

The program '[2] TinyCLR application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Sometimes, running the same program doesn’t even load in the micro. But very strange, it loads assemblies that belong to the program I was originally running (a different program). I am using rc2.

I think I found my issue. I had added a .png file in the Resources folder. I removed it and the program started deploying fine. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but that seems to have solved the problem. I’ll keep you posted if the issue comes back.

1 Like

search github issues for png :slight_smile: