Call for robotics people as posted by Microsoft

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/msroboticsstudio/archive/2012/06/29/call-for-robotics-projects.aspx?utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=Blog

Call for Robotics Projects!

Loke Uei 29 Jun 2012 11:40 AM 0
Hi all,

My name is Loke, Im the Sr. Product Manager here at the Robotics team in Microsoft. We are currently in the process of redesigning our website and one of the new areas were thinking of creating is a Showcase section where well highlight some of the cool projects that our community is working on with regards to Robotics on Microsoft Technologies, including RDS.

If you are currently working on a project, or using RDS or any other Microsoft technologies for building Robots (both software and hardware), wed appreciate it if you could send us a short description of what youre doing, how youre using the technologies, and even some feedback about the process. Wed love to hear from you.

Please send the details to roboinfo@ microsoft.com. Looking forward to hearing about your awesome projects.

Loke

@ bstag - Does a UAV powered by .Net micro count?

Send them a mail i would guess so.

I dropped Loke an email to find out…I’ve known Loke a few years. Good guy. Will let you know what I hear back.

Either way for me figured i would let you guys know about it since we have Microsoft coders here and some dabble in robots.

Heard back from Loke. Though he’s particularly interested in projects using MS Robotics Developer Studio, he’s definitely interested in any robotics projects folks might be working on using NETMF, too.

Drop him an email at lokeuei [AT] microsoft.com.

@ devhammer - thanks, best i get better organized…

@ devhammer you have to arm it with your anti-zombie gun.

Does Devhammer have a zombie gun too? :wink:

If by zombie gun, you mean a gun that fires zombies, then no. Though that would be awesome. :slight_smile:

I think he means my gun that shoots Zombies. It IS awesome :smiley:

That would be the gun, and perhaps use Pete’s Midi module to lurer them out with techno music and then that would be ‘the’ robot.

Before this time next year, I expect that the Zombie Cannon will be mounted on top of a fully autonomous mobile face seeking platform of destruction :smiley: Techno music would definitely be some icing on the cake!

I’m thinking you just volunteered to bring the Zombie Cannon robot to MADExpo next year… :slight_smile:

Put me down. I don’t think there’s much that can stop me from making the hike next year :smiley:

@ ianlee74 - Finally had a chance to watch the video, and I’m STILL laughing. That is one fun project. We definitely need to get you a table in the demo room at next year’s MADExpo! :slight_smile:

LOL the canon is awesome! I wasn’t expecting it to be so powerful :smiley:

Neither was anyone else :D. I had planned on finding a better pressure regulator before my next presentation but I’ve about talked myself out of it. When I talk to people about that night the power and loud noise of the thing seems to be their most memorable moment of the night :slight_smile: