Blown away by TinyCLR

Up until yesterday, I had done nothing with TinyCLR as I have been waiting until it was in a position that it could be used and not part useful.

Well, my project with Modbus and the Cobra II board (I plan to use the G120 for the final board design) was just completed last night and this morning I ran a test programme with TinyCLR 1.0 and an old Modbus library from the old NETMF days by Reinhard Ostermeier. After some changes to use the new serial port calls, I was able to talk to a Modbus simulator running on my PC. (Simply Modbus) I’ve used the same simulator for testing the Android code too.

I was blown away by how easy it was to switch to TinyCLR and get this code working. By the way, the code was written for desktop and NETMF so that probably explains why it was easy to port if over. I just removed the NETMF stuff. I can’t wait to see what I can do with TinyCLR 2.0!!!

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and we can’t wait to show you what we have done in 4 years of hard work, to bring you TinyCLR 2.0

2 Likes