Main Site Documentation

Autocompletion VS 2012 Ultimate - .NET micro - FEZ Domino

Hi.

I started to work on Netduino (and FEZ Domino especially) just today.
I’m student, I would learn more about these.

I have done this tutorial: http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/FEZ/Beginners%20guide%20to%20NETMF.pdf

There is another that I could follow for learn more about these technologies?

I saw that I don’t had any autocompletion or auto import “using” or some help in VS2012, how can I fix that? It’s really boring because I usually work with and I know nothing about the framework. (What I have to import, etc.)

If you have some tips for beginner (I’m not habitue to work with embeded equipment) especially in informatic electronical, I take them!

Thank you.

Hello Vadorequest,

there are a many books you can start with .net micro framework programming:

Getting Started with the Internet of Things

Getting Started with Netduino

Embedded Programming with the Microsoft® .NET Micro Framework
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780735623651.do?green=25F995D2-6BD5-5D25-BEBF-48CFC07C5D21&intcmp=af-mybuy-9780735623651.IP

Getting Started with .NET Gadgeteer

If you have no electronic know how, it is better to start with the Gadgeteer Platform. It is easier to begin. Gadgeteer platform has a designer help you with the import and initialize of the parts.

If you have problems, you can find a solution at Codeshare. There are many complete samples for all parts. You can can customize it.

I hope these informations helps.

[quote=“Vadorequest”]
Hi.

I started to work on Netduino (and FEZ Domino especially) just today.
I’m student, I would learn more about these.[/quote]

First Netduino != FEZ Domino. Both of those products are .NET Micro Framework boards but they are made by different companies.

I think you may be experiencing a bug in VS2012 (or Gadgeteer SDK…). If you do not explicitly save your Program.Gadgeteer file after you draw your connections in the designer then those objects & their Intellisense will note appear once you start writing code. Also, sometimes you have to explicitly compile your program before the Intellisense will appear.

Thank you for your responses!

I know that Netduino is different from FEZ DOmino, not the sames drivers and things like that, different ways but not much about.

I don’t really understand what is gadgeteer, a framewok ?

I have intellisense, a little, but not really useful. Nothing about the include to do when I use some class that are not included, etc.

Thank you for the links Uuuups! I will take a look.

@ Vadorequest - If you’re using a version of VS2012 other than the Express edition, then I highly recommend you check out Resharper. It will add a lot of intelligence to VS in regards to which assemblies to include and much more.

Well done, I’m using the ultimate version and not the Express edition.
I will try this right now, thank you.

I’m gonna read the description too, there are a lot of things to learn :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a word of warning…like heroin, once you’ve had Resharper there’s no going back. I forget how to use VS when I get on a machine that doesn’t have it :wink: