***** ASSERT ***** and unknown device

In the middle of debugging my program on Cobra II I suddenly got ***** ASSERT ***** text on CP7 screen.
The G120 became unknown device in windows devices and printers window.
I already get this error a few times in the past year.
But now I can’t do anything. I already uninstall everything and install it again. The device is still not recognize. I even try to install drivers on a fresh XP machine, but the device is still not recognize.
I also try to press LDR0 and LDR1 and reset button, but windows still not recognize the device. I also try to manually update drivers, but the windows 7 says: "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
I tried to disable device and enable it again.
I tried to reset the system with additional power adapter and without. I also try to unplug the display, but the device is still not recognized.
FEZ Config of course doesn’t find any device.
The Cobra II resets every 1 minute.

I am desperate.

Yes I did. I though that I was having the same problem, but then I discover not and open a new thread.

• Check your USB cable
  • Disconnect everything, just leave your device alone
  • Press and hold LDR0 + LDR1
  • Press and release Reset
  • Release LDR0 + LDR1
    Then show us your Device Manager

Or you can try in Serial Debug mode!

and go to the latest firmware. There’s a raft of fixes you will want to take.

That is interesting[quote=“Dat”]

• Press and hold LDR0 + LDR1
  • Press and release Reset
  • Release LDR0 + LDR1
    [/quote]
    I am pretty sure I did try this. I manage to upload the new firmware with GHI_NETMF_Configuration_Toolv003.exe. FEZ Config did not work. The program didn’t find any device. But the device manager show G120.
    Now I am just having problems with display. It’s going crazy. I think it has something to do with Tinkr (https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=13112&page=3#msg134077)
    We will see.

It would be still interesting to find a cause for all this mess.

Yes, a lot of fixes and a lot of new one (https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/227/post-release-issues).