Assemblies

I have Visual Studio 2010 and have installed .Net Micro Framework SDK 4.2 and the GHI Package v4.2. I have created a simple project with a Cobra II attached. The project fails due to missing assemblies.

The project just places a simple print to the output.

When I select the Cobra II it adds the assemblies … is there documentation for the assemblies? or can some explain what i need to do? When I try to type the missing assembly which is reported as missng. It does not appear in the drop down list

I am now trying to migrate from the Arduino to .Net and hope the learning curve is not too steep!

Many thanks
Robert

Welcome Robert,

Have you selected a Gadgeteer project?

Once you get going you will love the benefits of C# and VS over the Arduino environment.

Add the Cobra II from the Toolbox should add all the references.

Hey Robert and welcome to the Forum

If you’ve created a new project, then you can add the references in the right pane by right clicking “references” and saying add references. All the references for the project type you have selected are listed, and you can find the GHI and other optional netmf ones there. You’ll get the hang of what ones you want to add pretty quickly, but if you use a Gadgeteer project you’ll get a lot of that added for you by the wizard.

Feel free to ask questions, plenty of people here were in your shoes and are happy to help out.

Edit: Justin beat me while i was typing.

The project deploys but will not execute.

See image attached

You need to update the Firmware on the Cobra

Update of firmware failed?

I assume this is the correct utility. But where do I get the firmware?

Should be on your drive:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\G120\Firmware\TinyBooter

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\G120\Firmware

Thank you for all the keen help! Now next challenge? See image

did you press the LDR0 and LDR1 buttons down and reset?

I should have told you that I had eventually found those … so I have a program running!

Many thanks to all … I would like to create a single board to replace my concept … if anyone has suggestions on how I can acheive this I would appreciate it … in the meantime I can now work through the tutorials.

Good news - interesting pic - more details please :wink:

I’m sure a few people on here can give you some pointers on firing up Eagle to make a nice shiny PCB…

@ Robert24 - Nice pic, details of what it does?? Lots of folks round here have used eagle for making pcb designs and are happy to help.

It controls a process that conditions mushroom compost.
Basically Arduino Mega+EthernetShield+RTC&SD Shield
A 16 channels MUX and 4 channel DAC PCB which I etched, which was really painful but satisfying once it worked and a bunch of relays and signal conditioners. Inputs monitoring the process and outputs controlling the process… with datalogging to SQL db
I would like a single PCB and the power of the SOM probably the G400 with a touch screen. A lot to learn and do … any pointers are more than welcome!

@ Robert24 - cool project.

i’m sure if you ask the questions you will get some good advice as there are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here :slight_smile:

I will work though the tutorials to get a basic understanding. Maybe you can help point me in the right dirction, for example … if I view the catalog and the cobra II … the example for the wifi, is missing some code … where can I look to learn what I need to do … when I first reviewed the FEZ Panda II I ran into this problem quite alot. Once I get a grip I will then ask questions, or maybe there are friends out there who have questions?

Here’s always a good start:

https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/37/netmf-and-gadgeteer-tutorial-index

1 Like

I’ve picked up the tutorial for connecting the TE35 to the cobra … copied the demo code in, added the references … however, I cannot find GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware in the list. The code is complaining about the resources and configuration references? I assume these are part of the missing reference GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware?