Are There any PWM pin available when FEZ-Mini when plugged onto Control board?

I wants to be able to use some nice built-in features of the control board (comes with Mini robot kits package):

[ol]A1-A7 JST sockets
servo socket 7 and 8
Switches,
LEDs
speakers
battery connection
buttons
etc.[/ol]

But at the same time, I want to be able to some of digital pins for other purpose. But when FEZ mini sits on the control board, according to documentation: [url]http://www.tinyclr.com/downloads/Mini/FEZ_Mini_RobotKit.pdf[/url]
[ol]Di3-Di5, used by Motor A
Di6-D9, used by Motor B
Di2 and Di4 used by Buttons[/ol]

So short question is… is there any 2 PWM pins available that I could use from this configuration, if not are there any way to work around?

You can generate PWM on ANY pin using OutputComapre.

Didn’t we make a class for this Chris? Or whoever asked for it…I do not remember!

Wasn’t me…

Gus,
you mean any digital pin or both analog and digital? Is there any usage example?

Thanks!

This is why we need to finish “code share” asap so code is not lost in forum pages!

Anyway, the servo motor class we have generates the PWM signal using OC. This is how you can use it on any pin, not only hardware PWM.

http://www.tinyclr.com/downloads/Component/FEZ_Components_ServoMotor.cs

Great.
This would take care my concern, if this works, I can now wire mini to the tempede without needing to installl the tray.

Thanks!

Hi Hai,

If you are talking about connecting your Stampede to a OC driven pins, it’s not going to work. For one, the car’s drivers are all written.You need PWM pins.

[quote]You can generate PWM on ANY pin using OutputComapre.
[/quote]

Here is the link you’re referring to, Guz ;D It;s on the Project page.
(link removed)

[quote]If you are talking about connecting your Stampede to a OC driven pins, it’s not going to work. For one, the car’s drivers are all written.You need PWM pins.
[/quote]

Chris,
It works just fine, i used standard drive downloaded from FEZ.

Thanks!

So if you do PWM with software, is that a blocking call until operation finished?

No. The PWM hardware will maintain the waveform.

No my friend, this is done right, the GHI way :slight_smile: no blocking. Otherwise, it would be useless.