Analog Ports on Cobra

I was looking at the brochure and it looks like there are 5 analog ports available (2,3,5,6,7) are ports 1 and 4 not available?

Thanks…

Hi Tony2,

ADC0 and ADC1 are used for the Touch controller.

ADC4 was used for USB (USB_VBUS1) P1.30 on LPC2478

Marked as not available in EMX manual

So I guess if we are not using the touch controller then ADC0 and 1 are not available on the port connectors.

So 5 analog ports looks like that it then…:frowning:

Thanks…:slight_smile:

Yes correct. You can always add SPI/I2C/one-wire ADC chip and you will end up with as many analog inputs as you like :wink:

Also, if you are measuring acceleration or temperature or anything else, you can use a digital chip instead of analog and so you will still have 5 analog input for the things you cant connect to digital…

So, what are the things you want to connect and you are running out of analog inputs? I maybe able to help

We have an 8 channel ADC that stores to an SD card that was built with an 8 bit PIC microcontroller that I would like to replace with something like the Cobra since it has enough RAM to scan the ports at high speed and temporarily store the results to RAM then save to SD card.

It seems like a bit of a waste to use an SPI device when there are 7-8 analog channels available but not all accessable.