Main Site Documentation

Add Gadgeteer API to existing netmf project

Hi all,

I have an existing netmf project using FEZ Cobra II. I want to use character display module and bluetooth module in this project. So I wonder if there is anyway that I can add these modules to my existing project?

Thank you very much

Yes you can, is sockets are not enough then you need to manually add more sockets or use http://ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/439

I am sorry for asking unclear question. I know that I can use modules on Cobra II. I had some Gadgeteer projects using a template for .NET Gadgeteer application. When doing this, I have some files in my solution explorer such as Program.generated.cs and Program.gadgeteer.diagram inside Program.Gadgeteer group. However, with my existing project, I did not use that template. So I don’t have anything files as I mentioned above. Could you tell me how can I add and use gadgeteer modules on my existing project?

Thank you very much.

This may not be the “official” and/or “politically correct” GHI answer (I’m still learning myself), but my advice is to not try to figure out all the various resources and imports you’ll need; rather, start a new Gadgeteer project, use the designer, and generate a skeleton project, then copy-paste code from your NETMF project into the skeleton.

@ Jeff - I like pragmatists!

Thank you for your answer, I will try to do that.