Adafruits 10DOF IMU

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/908

Check out the above link, I started working on a library to use with Adafruit’s 10dof IMU. As this is my first port from the Arduino code to C# some functionality may be lacking.

7 Likes

I just want to say thank you for doing this. I bought Adafruits’ 10DOF IMU a few months ago but didn’t have time to work on the project I was going to use it for. You just saved me a step.

@ kirklynk - Can you please put the link for the IMU in the codeshare description section?

I have included the link to the IMU device on the codeshare, which is found here Adafruit 10-DOF IMU Breakout - L3GD20H + LSM303 + BMP180 : ID 1604 : $29.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits.

@ kirklynk - Thanks!

@ Willisl, and @ Architect - You’re welcome.

Please make any modifications|corrections to the code as needed. Also a few nights ago, I made some changes to the sensor base, and unified classes which seems to give more responsive and accurate reading from the device. This is my first real attempt to writing something other than blinking leds and so I will be contributing any other code that will help to make life easier.

:slight_smile:

Hello,

First, thanks for your great job!

On which pins did you connect the IMU’s SDA and SCL pins?
Thank you,

Lucas

@ Lucas,

I have a FEZ Cerbuino Bee mainboard that I used. The I2C SDA and SDC pins had to be broken out before we could connect it the IMU.

With IMU component side up VIN pin 1, GND pin 3, SCL pin 4, and SDA pin 5

Socket 2 Pin 8 I2C SDA --> IMU SDA (Pin 5)
Socket 2 Pin 9 I2C SCL --> IMU SCL (Pin 4)
Socket 2 Pin 2 +5V --> IMU VIN (Pin 1)
Socket 2 Pin 10 GND --> IMU GND (Pin 2)

Thanks a lot!