Accessing tsc2046 via SPI

Hello,

i wish to use the Vbat pin on the tsc2046 controller on my chipworkx system, however when i attempt to use create my interface, i get a pin not available. i’m guessing that this has to do with the interface already being used by Spot.Touch. is there a workaround or a different method that one should use to read these pins?

my construction code (errors on s = new SPI(batconfig))
the error is

#### Exception System.Exception - CLR_E_PIN_UNAVAILABLE (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Port::.ctor [IP: 0000] ####
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OutputPort::.ctor [IP: 0006] ####
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SPI::.ctor [IP: 004d] ####
    #### GUI_Test.Program::Main [IP: 01e7] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

SPI.Configuration Batconfig = new SPI.Configuration((Cpu.Pin)ChipworkX.Pin.PB22, false, 100, 10, false, false, 10, SPI.SPI_module.SPI1);
SPI s = new SPI(Batconfig);

i got PB22 from the schematic, this could also be the issue.

This is not supported as the chip is used internally with the touch drivers.

is there any way to access the pins from the touch controller (such as disable touch input first…)
or do we need to wait for a new firmware release which will give access to the pins.

I started a new project (one which did not initialise Microsoft.SPOT.TOUCH interface) and was able to access and read the pins.

I take it, without altering the Drivers directly there is no way to change the interaction to allow for reading of the additional pins?

Correct

is this looking to be changed in future, and at present is there a way to dispose/uninitialise the touch interface to allow for access to the pins?

I do not think it will change but you can add a simple ADC using SPI/I2C/onewire which will give your design more flexibility at a very minimal cost.