A non-beta gadgeteer SDK is up

It’s always something, right Gus?

At least it’s nothing that major. Frankly, it’s a pleasant surprise to hear that you’re including the Seeed drivers at all.

The product line is FEZ, that is Freakin’ Easy (I should be saying fast and easy) so we are willing to do the extra work to simplify the process :slight_smile:

It shows! One updater application for all the boards is invaluable tool and my favorite!

One very small issue… Hydra firmware install went fine but for some reason the console window didn’t close as it’s supposed to when you close the log file.

Updated Hydra firmware - no problems.

Updated two Panda firmwares - no problems.

Updated two Panda-II firmwares - no problems.

Updated Rhino firmware - 1st attempt: USBizi Update went up in flames. 2nd attempt: Success!

Did I miss something? I thought there was supposed to be a USBizi style firmware updater for Hydra in this final release?

Uhhh… the 4.1.2 release notes are just a copy of the 4.1.1 release notes… Anything in particular we need to be targeting?

Created a new Gadgeteer Application and decided to try out my new LED7R module that showed up this week. Added a button to socket #14 and the LED7R to socket #3. Added this code…

public partial class Program
    {
        void ProgramStarted()
        {
            Debug.Print("Program Started");
            button.ButtonPressed += OnButtonPressed;
        }

private void OnButtonPressed(Button sender, Button.ButtonState state)
        {
            led7r.Animate(200, true, true, false);
        }
    }

It ran the first time w/o any complaints!!! That’s a first for me with Hydra :slight_smile: Well, almost no complaints. Still getting the “invalid address” warnings (see below). They are troubling but don’t appear to cause any real problems.

I pushed the button and the LED animated as expected except that the last LED in the animation stays on. It should turn off. Also, when I pushed the button this showed up again…

[quote]Invalid address 20600510 and range 4 Ram Start 31000000, Ram end 35000000
Invalid address 20600570 and range 4 Ram Start 31000000, Ram end 35000000
The thread ‘’ (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Using mainboard GHIElectronics-FEZHydra version 1.0
Program Started
Updating display configuration. THE MAINBOARD WILL NOW REBOOT.
If you are deploying/debugging using Visual Studio, you will need to stop (Shift-F5) and start debugging again (F5).
[/quote]

I restarted and tried again. The display reboot didn’t happen but I did get this…

EDIT: I got this second error again and I should note that when that exception is encountered the code under the button press is not executed.

I think I know what is going on.

@ ianlee74

This happens when you change the mainboard setup (when you remove or add display).

So, if you change your previous setup, to remove or add display, the very first time you run, it will cause the system to reboot as it is storing info about the display config in EWR then rebooting.

Can you confirm that you only see this only once?

Those are safe to ignore. We will take care of this later.

Gus, I don’t own a display… So, nothing was added or removed. Perhaps because it was the first program run with the new firmware?

Yes, I would only see that the first time I push the button. However, it is a problem since it causes the button event code to not be executed.

Suggestion:

It might be helpful if you put a timestamp or release number in the zip file name for the SDK distributions.

Link to the SDK on the support page is broke…
Too bad :frowning:

See reply #19. It’ll be back soon I’m sure.

Someone (not naming anyone… ) jumped the gun and started tweeting last night… :wink:

oh sry must have missed that one :slight_smile:
thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hmph…the link was public…not my fault there was a bug… :wink:

I updated my blog post, so folks will be aware that the SDK is temporarily down.

:smiley:

(Josh, why is the laughing guy not working?)

. ;D

doesn’t work in the beginning of a post. Very old issue.

@ architect That’s a different one. :smiley: is the 3rd one from the left if you’re looking at the picker in the editor.

(testing)

EDIT: Apparently it’s fixed now :smiley:

doesn’t matter

Edit: hmm not for me

:stuck_out_tongue: I was feeling left out.

So this came for good! We were able to add XML to the release (needed for glide) and we made the deploying time on hydra much faster. It was taking 30 seconds, now 10 seconds. The new SDK is up for those who want to try it.

See this please http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/12/5368

I am locking this thread.