A FEZ New Year!

My 2 children (Seth, 12 and Braeden, 9) along with my fiance Evelyn and I all teamed up to create a very FEZ contraption to ring in the New Year.

The Can Xtra starts displaying a message about 18 seconds before midnight, and then activates the FEZ Panda II (via RST) at 13 seconds to midnight, which then kicks off a servo which pushes a ball down a SkyRail.

Could we be a bigger family of geeks? I think not! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Transitions: Thom
Text & Animation: Evelyn
Servo Controller: Seth
SkyRail Design & Construction: Braeden

Hey, a New Years Eve Rube Fezberg :slight_smile:

Yup! :smiley:

We actually had a bit more planned but ran out of time. So I guess that just means next New Year’s will have something to look forward too!

The CanXtra was going to count down before displaying the message but we cut it so close that the clock said β€œYup, we kicks this off [italic]now[/italic]” as soon as the cable was plugged in.

And at the end of the SkyRail the ball was going to bridge a wire that had the ChipworkX run an RGB LED ball & play an MP3…next year.

Very cute. Happy new year.

That brings new meaning to the tradition of watching the ball drop :slight_smile:

Happy new year!

Looking good! Happy new year to the family!

Nice. Happy New Year!

Cheers to the geek gang! Hope everybody had a great holiday season and got a new gadget or two to play with. I know were going to have a ton of fun in 2012 helping GHI put their new toys to good use!