I have been working lately on a class to allow the smaller devices (domino, panda) WIZ5100 network configuration from a embedded webpage (http://mydevice/netconfig) : “home router configuration style”.
Right now, it supports:
- Access with password (however, the security is kind of weak still)
- Easy customization of the http config page (a template is provided, but it should be very simple to adapt it to any other design, using the provided tags).
- static or DHCP IP addresses
- change of Mac address
- NETBIOS name resolution (very basic implementation)
- NTP time update
- Allowing to add more of your own pages easyly
- An optional external button / jumper contact can be used at startup time to put the equipement back into default configuration (forgotten password…)
- /netstatus tab for system status information
- Customizable tabs for the user
- Time stored and checked inside the RTC clock
- An optional input pin can be used to monitor the link status (available in software) to renew DHCP lease automaticaly when the network is going Up.
It was designed to be small and simple (meaning : everything is basic)…
It stores its configuration into InternalFlashStorage.
You can initialy change the default parameters in your program, but after then, the end user manages it all by himself.
Since I am very new to C# programming, I would be interrested to know if someone could help testing it / helping troubleshoot or propose improvements before I put it to http://code.tinyclr.com (which is great, but does not allow feedback yet or contact author, if there is a bug or a problem).
It is “working” and to be considered as a beta, however I am not very happy of how I handled some problems (including what I think might be heap fragmentation).
Let me know if someone is interrested to test/help