921600 bps on UART

Hi,
I am planning to buy a FEZ Panda for some prototyping work and interface it with a bluetooth module that is capable of 921600 bps on UART.
Can Panda handle this baud rate?
Also, out of curiosity, how does .NET MF set all the divider registers when I request a baud rate of 921600 bps?
According to the data sheet, there are 5 registers that can be changed (PCLK, UnDLM, UNDLL, DivAddVal, MulVal). Does SDK really use them all to achieve best accuracy? Can I set them manually?
What is the UART PCLK by default on FEZ Panda?

Thanks in advance.

The internal code sets each one to give you exact baud rate. And yes you can set them manually if you need to get some non-standard baud rate, like the 1000000 we used onetime with AX12 servos…you can do anything with FEZ Panda :slight_smile:

Panda can handle the baud-rate fine but you will be pushing it tot he limits especially that you need to process the data, right? not to worry, you can use hardware handshaking and you will not miss a byte.

I will be reading messages from a 500 kbps vehicle CAN network, doing some basic filtering and forwarding the messages to a bluetooth module or USB port.
So it will never be more than 500 kbps in practice and considering that vehicle CAN networks do not run on 100% utilization, it will be even less. I just want to have some headroom for future/reliability.

If I use CDC mode for USB, what throughput can I expect? Or am I better off with a FTDI chip for that part?

I am assuming you will be filtering some messages plus your CAN bus speed is 500Kbit but you will never see full buss load.

You should see about 200KByte if you use USB CDC

Can Spider handle this baud rate?

Depending on what you are doing with the data, in general, the answer is yes if you do not have constant data stream.