4.3 released

I noticed that 4.3 was released yesterday. My home computer recently suffered an SSD failure so in the rebuild I went to Windows 8 and VS2012 (thats what we use at work and I love it.) I really don’t want to install 2010 if I can get away with it.

It appears that 4.3 uses 4.2 QFE assemblies, and so I’m thinking that I shouldn’t have a problem using the GHI 4.2 assemblies with my shiny new G120HDR.

Is my thinking correct?

Thanks,
Bob

how can 4.3 use 4.2 assemblies?

**** oh, you are going to try to target 4.2… try it and let us know.

That is what I was going to try today but got busy with other things. VS2012 is installed, just need the netmf SDK.

I do not think gadgeteer would work though.

Just made that uses GHI libs and 4.2 target on VS2012 and NETMF4.3 SDK. It complied fine but I do not have a device here to test.

=sacrilege no matter where you are Gus… :wink:

Everything seems to work fine with the G120. Initially had a weird undescriptive compile error which when I googled led me to this:

Installed 3.5 and the error went away. Am able to debug on the G120.

EMX is next…

Haven’t used my EMX board in a while and needed to update the firmware. I get a signature fail when deploying the firmware via MFDeploy. I suppose this is a problem with Windows 8?

Guys, not having any luck updating the EMX firmware to 4.2 with mfdeploy due to the signature fail. Any suggestions?

Did you update tinybooter first? This si done automatically if you use the updater app.

Couldn’t do it thru the 4.2 installer update. I get the error “Can not found EMXUpdater.exe to run application”

What OS? 32bit or 64bit?

The updater is inside C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI .NET Gadgeteer SDK\Firmware Update

64bit.

Gus, that directory isn’t on my machine.

However, this is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\EMX\Firmware\TinyBooter

The TinyBooter.GHI file is there.

ok got tinybooter updated via terraterm. Cooking with gas.

Got it all squared away but I suspect that most will be working thru some strange happenings with Windows8, too many to mention here.

One thing for sure, before installing 4.3 you need to have .Net 3.5 SP1 installed.

I’m able to run and debug with both my EMX and G120HDR no problem now, thanks for the help.

This is very nice! Anyone can use NETMF4.3 SDK and VS2012 with existing devices.

Thanks Microsoft!

This really sounds almost too good to be true.

@ Duke Nukem - Yeah but remember you will have to wait for Gadgeteer support…

Okay, this is my first forum post on this forum, so bear with me. I’m extremely new on this stuff; I just got my first ever board to work with; a FEZ Cerbuino Bee.

I’m running Windows 8 (64bit) with Visual Studio 2012 and the .NET Micro Framework 4.3 (http://netmf.codeplex.com/releases/view/81000)

From this system, I updated the firmware etc. of the FEZ Cerbuino Bee by using the procedure in http://wiki.tinyclr.com/index.php?title=Firmware_Update_FEZ_Cerberus

I just created my first “Hello World” app, and everything appears to be running fine. I did compile the code against the .NET Micro Framework 4.2, because I think that’s the latest that the GHI products support.

So now we wait for GHI to update thier stuff?