16x Relayboard

I hooked up my 16 Relay Module to my Spider.

I then download this code…

relay2.DisableAllRelays();

relay2.DebugPrintEnabled = true;

relay2.EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_1);
        relay2.EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_2);
        relay2.EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_3);
        relay2.EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_4);
        relay2.EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_5);
        relay2.EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_6);
        relay2.EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_7);
        relay2.EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_8);

When I run this code above I would expect to hear my relays latch. That does not seem to be the case.

Does the relay have to be wired to latch on & off ?

If so, I am trying to control a 12VDC can someone give me an idea how that would be wired. I would assume I would just have 2 wires going into it and when the relay latched it would make the connection.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Marty

How are you powering up the relay boards? These are isolated and so they do not take power from the mainboard.

Hi Gus,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not powering the relay board. I have it plugged into the spider, but now its my guess is that is just for control.

With that being said I have 3 leads going into each relay, how should I power the relays so they will operate?

_ _
1 2 3

1 & 3 is where I had my loop, so do I power up 2?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Marty

Hi ModjeskaTech and Welcome on the Forum.

I guess that when Gus is talking about powering the relays, it is not on the “secondary” of the relay, but more on the “primary”, that means : How do you power the BOARD !
Effectively, relay consomption can absorb some power, and maybe you power supply is not sufficient for both the Spider and the relay board !

Regarding to the secondary also, you only need to wire the 1 and 2 for Normally Open, or 2 and 3 for Normally closed, where pin 2 is the common of the relay as shown in your example.

@ ModjeskaTech - See the blue terminal block in the lower left corner http://www.ghielectronics.com/images/catalog/391-1_large.jpg

This needs to be powered.

Cant believe I missed that.

Thanks Gus! Got it working.