Xively, Thingspeak and Open.Sen.Se - a hard choice

@ simon - The UI has been updated to support UTF-8 characters. We also moved to Bootstrap for styling. We are working on more UI enhancements, and now that we are using Bootstrap we will be able to do the updated more efficiently.

Also, the UI from the open source ThingSpeak matched the UI for the production version, so developers will be able to add UI enhancements directly into production.

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks. Now itā€™s much better for me. The only thing that bugs me now is only 8 fields per channel. Please consider making this number unlimited :wink:

Hi,

You can try Beebotte.com a new born cloud platform for IoT and realtime connected applications. Beebotte has a REST and Websockets API and a number of widgets for data visualization (real time data and historical statistics).

Beebotte is free, live project with many additional features planned in the near future (XMPP integration, webhooks, and many others).

Check it out and tell us what do you think.

Cheers

2 Likes

Another player, sweet :slight_smile:

Signed up and look forward to trying out Beebotte as I love ThingSpeak and OpenSen.se but there is always room for a new player here as the possibilities are getting huge in this space.

Hmm signup not working? Anyone else?

Just tried it. Worked for me. Try different browser may be.

@ njbuch What is the browser you are using? We will fix reported problems asap.
We have tested it on IE9+ Firefox and Chrome

I was able to sign up with IE 11, but I have to ask why is email case sensitive for login? I have to admit that since its not case sensitive when I send email, so I donā€™t pay much attention to it when I log into a site, and I donā€™t always get the case right.

@ Duke Nukem
Youā€™re completely right about email case sensitivity! this was fixed, sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi, Iā€™m the founder of GroveStreams. We too are a new IoT platform. Most of our users have come from other platforms. Small users can use us for free.

Almost all of our functionality is exposed via our public RESTful API. You can find us here: www.grovestreams.com

Thanks!

Maybe you could start a thread in the ā€˜Off Topicā€™ area with a blurb about what makes your site stand out from the pack. Weā€™ve been (gladly) inundated with cloud services like these over the last couple of years and itā€™s getting harder to tell what makes each unique.

@ ransomhall
It would be nice if an independent site created an IoT capabilities matrix, but I have yet to find one. If someone knows of one, let me know. Weā€™d love to compare ourselves with others.

Iā€™ve create another ā€œOff Topicā€ thread as you suggested:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=15686