Xbee tutorials

Those who have subscribed to my youtube channel might have seen the videos already.
Anyway, here is the project page. One video is left, I will make and upload soon.

Link: (link removed)

Very useful videos but the camera can’t focus so it is hard to see. Is there a “flower” mode on your camera to help in focus for future videos?

Added 300 points :slight_smile:

Yes I know Gus, I might try a other camera. It was some struggling for getting everything right and clear, so I do not know if I will retake these videos, might do anyway.

The videos are anyway just a “help” for the scheme. If someone does not understand the scheme, they can have a look at the video for more help :slight_smile:

I hope it’s a little clear for everyone, even though the camera is a little buggy?
Is there someone who is struggling with understanding the video?

Thanks Gus, I do my best :wink:

Thanks Robert. What great timing, I just managed to borrow a few XBee modules and now you have provided a great starting point to test them out.

wow great to hear that someone can already make us of them!
If you have any questions, please let me know. Also, check out the software provided at the project page. It should help you get started very fast.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions left! :wink:

Very Nice Foekie

Great tutorial, thanks!
I am going to use my X-Bees with my Domino…

Have fun! Let me know if you need anything :slight_smile:

Nice work Robert. Thanks for sharing your work for all of us to explore.

This is a great example of point-to-point communication, but has anyone seen a tutorial for a multi-point Xbee implementation?

I noticed you had this in your code sample

public static void Main()
        {
            UART = new SerialPort("COM1", 115200);
            UART.Open();
            UART.DataReceived += new SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(UART_DataReceived);

while (true)
            {

}
        }

mmm shouldnt there be a Sleep( Infinite ) in the main loop, just as a matter of style
(no offence meant)

Why? The

while(true)
{

}

has a sleep in it.

well in DominoXbee Program.cs the main loop is running without any Sleeps which isnt a good thing in micro.Net land

Then this is a error. I will correct it later when I am at home. :wink:

I assumed it was a typo

I do not know what I was doing back then, but this was definitely a stupid mistake.

//Change this
while(true)
{

}

//to:

Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

Code updated.
Thanks for pointing me to the error :wink:

Foekie,
I did add a portion of XCTU tutorial to your XBee tutorial, as promised.

that’s what I was planning, did not have time to complete it. Thank you for your help!

We might add some other stuff too?
Just to make sure new users can start right off.

Let me know what kind of stuff you want to add more,
I’ll be glad to help as much as I could.

I’ll contact you later on. I have some sort of class in mind, I have seen it with a other project, we might use/tweak it.

I’ll try to look into this today. Can’t promise though.