Wrong colors in N18 display

As you can see (original image vs its displayed variant), I am getting wrong colors with N18 display . I am using provided example code to test it.
Any ideas what’s going on?

@ iamin - It looks like for whatever reason your red and blue channels are swapped. If you add the DisplayN18 project to your solution, go to the ConfigureDisplay function, down about half way in it until you see this.WriteCommand(0x36); //MX, MY, RGB mode, and change the line after it. 0xC8, the default, is BGR mode, 0xC0 is RGB mode. If I swap that I get your altered image, so if you swap it, it should restore the image. Can you show any code?

1 Like

Your proposed solution does fix the problem. Thanks!
I was getting the same color swap with bmp and jpeg files and when I drew lines, so my guess is it is something related to vb.net platform itself. But why I am the only one facing this issue? :think:

My code:

Dim tdata() As Byte = Resources.GetBytes(Resources.BinaryResources.Image1)
Dim picture As New Bitmap(tdata, Bitmap.BitmapImageType.Bmp)
display_N18.Draw(picture)

I did some more tests. Color swap is present in C# platform as well (using not modified N18 driver).
[em]picture.GetBitmap([/em]) shows that first color is {160, 223, 223}, however, it should be {223, 223, 160}. This means that image within [em]Bitmap[/em] structure is stored in BGR format.

Apparently, I am not the only one, who has reported this issue (https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=15236).

Maybe driver for N18 should be fixed?

I think the last batch if displays had the colors swapped! We are not aware of this change and the source should not have changed without notifying us! We will be adding a method to easily swap the colors in the next coming sdk.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

@ iamin - Could you tell me the number that is in the lower right corner of the label on the bag please.

Great!

@ Mike - WO: 190.

my N18 also have colors swapped, i can not find the bag, so cant post batch nr. But i bought it 7 days ago.

We discussed this before

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=15236

FYI: The N18 module I just received (sale item) is color swapped; The label reads:
N18ds-gm-425 W0:190
Running 4.3.1 w/ Raptor

Likewise - N18DS-GM-425 W0:190