WinUSB drivers are broken in SDK 2013 R2

I have Visual Studio 2012 and Cobra II. Obviously, I need WinUSB-based driver. If I try to install it from the usual location, that is, from “C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_NETMF_WinUsb”, I get an error (see the attached picture). If I use WinUSB driver from SDK 2013 R1-Update 1, everything is working fine.

Confess guys, you did change something, didn’t you? :slight_smile:

Changed absolutely nothing but we will look into it.

Ok, I found it. For some reason, ghi_netmf_winusb.inf has lost its line termination symbols, so the whole content is on a single line. Perhaps somebody saved it in under Linux, so all "\r\n"s turned into "\n"s? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And this happended to all text files in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers” folder and it’s subfolders… Even readme file is now single-lined.

Wow how did this happen! We will check shortly.

Still not fixed…

While we work on fixing this, you can get the WinUSB drivers from the previous SDK. There was nothing changed with regards to the USB drivers in this release.

I know I can get it from older SDK, but this is such a trivial mistake — you could silently repack the setup files and no one would even notice that :wink:

A new programmer joined us today. And what did I have to tell him? “This is the awesome NETMF, that’s some cool modules from GHI, but, ummmm, the SDK is screwed a little bit, so you have to install the old one first, save the files, and then install the new one. But don’t worry, GHI is good at making modules. No no, really, trust me”…

An updated SDK will be posted next week. We are trying to add couple things

Yesterday I spent half a day trying to update the WinUSB driver until someone linked me to this topic. =p I converted all the LF’s to CRLF’s and indeed the driver could be installed again.

However is it possible that more files are somehow affected by this and cause an error/ output message like this:

[quote]Attempting deployment…
Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
All assemblies on the device are up to date. No assembly deployment was necessary.
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.
Restarting interpreter…
Attaching to device…
Waiting for device to initialize…
The debugger engine failed to receive any debug events from the debugging target[/quote]