Windows Developer Program for IoT

Likely WinRT?

Hoping that since Quark is Atom based that it will be x86, but RT would be interesting as well.

Definitely – If MS wants to make an impact in the embedded world (and not just the Azure side) than this is a good start!

@ mhectorgato, @ kiwi_stu, @ ransomhall

Steve Teixeira answered in comments of the Build 2014 session.

I cannot wait until Intel Sharks Cove board is released to the market.

Also got my email for shipping information too :smiley:

Made my submission as well … and am waiting for the shipping notification too … still …

In addition there is mention about an open source SDK for Azure and NetMF to be released in June 2014 by Microsoft. You can read more about this at Microsoft Build 2014 (and Netduino SDK for Azure) - General Discussion - Netduino Forums

That’s right … forgot that the Cloud Piano was run by Galileo + Win8 Core w/console with uploads to Azure.

Thanks for the reminder - re-watching that session now.

I am. Not quite decided what to do with it yet but I’m thinking of cloud connecting my 3D printer in some way.

Just signed up. I’m thinking about remote surveillance systems from airborne drone platforms. That express port can carry 802.11ac modules ([url]http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-Bluetooth-Adapter-7260HMWDTX1/dp/B00EKQN2KK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403838274&sr=8-1&keywords=802.11ac+pci+express[/url])

I guess somebody should start working on a Shield to convert Gallieo to Gadgeteer.

@ Mr. John Smith - GHI made the Medusa shields recently.Probably discontinued though.

@ mhectorgato, yes they are discontinued.

Just signed up. :open_mouth:

:frowning: like alot of useful modules

Just been accepted, waiting for kit to ship, would like to create a smart room and integrate with our weather station.

I signed up as well. Anyone have any idea when these kits will ship?

Got an email yesterday from MS. They are shipping my kit soon ;D

I have no idea what I will use mine for…

Just signed up too. Got the email saying they’ll let me know when it ships.

Intel is donating 50,000 of these development boards featuring Intel® architecture to 1,000 universities around the world over the next 18 months.

I Think some ideas Will pop up eventually.

I still hate the Arduino socket Intel inside does not change that.

Hopefully ms has done a good job with the Sdk.

1 Like

What do we have to do to make that board Gadgeteer compatible right out the gate?

1 Like

Convincing Gus to keep the Medusa Shield alive, and then port to the board. Simple. :wall:

3 Likes