Main Site Documentation

Wifi Rs21 Error

Hey Guys,

I finally got the IP address to show up correctly :slight_smile: by subscribing to the IPAddress Changed Event. However, my code stopped working and constant resets trying to get the wifi module working. It was working over a week now but then just died. The errors I am getting are:

Happens:

_wifi.Interface.Open();

#### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHI.Premium.Net.RS9110Helper::SetBootloadOption [IP: 0000] ####
    #### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::RunFirmware [IP: 0020] ####
    #### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::Open [IP: 0014] ####
    #### FishTankControlSystem_2.Program::ProgramStarted [IP: 002c] ####
    #### FishTankControlSystem_2.Program::Main [IP: 0015] ####
    #### Exception GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::RunFirmware [IP: 0028] ####
    #### Exception GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::Intialize [IP: 0009] ####
The thread '<No Name>' (0x7) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
A first chance exception of type 'GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException' occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException' occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll

I plug this into socket 9 instead of 6 and the wifi module works fine. Is this tell me that my socket is bad for some reason? The green light on the module does not come on when I plug this into socket 6 of my FEZ Spider board.

I am running 4.2.9 wifi module version is 1.2.

Thanks,
Weston

How are you powering your board?

I am powering it through a AC-DC wall adapter. I am not powering it through the PC usb port.

Did you change which firmware version you were using between the time that it was working and when it stopped working? Could you try a new module cable?

I did not change the firmware. I tried changing the cable but it still is giving me trouble.