WiFi Example

• Edimax EW-7811Un V2
  • tp-Link TL-WN725N
  • Comfast CF-WU810N

All of these adapters work fine on a Windows machine, and their LED is flashing. On the Endpoint none of them works, and also their LED is off. Same network credentials.

I am really frustrated…

Just for sanity check, have you tried a powered USB hub? Could the problem be power related?

1 Like

I see. I am not sure about two other ones, but we have the middle one (TL-WN725) work most of the case. This is similar to the one @Designer has and he confirms it work. It just doesn’t work with my phone when the phone enable hotspot, and one special router.

Anyway, our team will look into it soon.

During this time, can you try Amazon.com: Netis WF2120 Wireless N150 Nano USB Dongle, Ideal for Raspberry, Windows, Mac OS, Linux, RTL8188CUS, Plug in and Forget : Electronics

This cheap one ($3.5) works with all cases as we tested.

if you are in US probably takes about few days shipping

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008O2AL0K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I bought this and it works, didn’t do much with it yet but had success connecting to my home wifi.

I already ordered it but I am located in Germany, so it will take some more days.

Can you confirm it works if plugged directly into Endpoint? I do not use any usb hub, neither powered nor unpowered.

We confirm as our tested, directly or through hub work.

Finally got the NETIS WF2120 but still no success. Next I will try a different router & network.

1 Like

Can you try an usb thumbdrive to make sure the usb port work?

The example how to write file on usb stick is here:

USB (ghielectronics.com)

You can turn hotspot on the phone as quick try. I have same WiFi and it works on my google pxel phone

iPhone hotspot didn’t work for me.

I did not yet try to write to the memory stick, but it has been recognized and it’s led is flashing.

We don’t parse USB WiFi to USB Host events, so WiFi event won’t be triggred, this is normal.
So far camara/usb stick work mean the USB port is fine.

Not sure what the problem is, are you sure the SSID/Password is correct? Any setting on router that prevent a new device connect to…?

Nothing that I know of. I’ll borrow another router and give it a try.

How long are you waiting for the WiFi connection to happen? I have seen it take almost 30 seconds to get an address from DHCP.

I still use SSH and the script described above causes a timeout.

I meant how long you are waiting for an IP address to be assigned.

I used the tp-link adapter, works without any issues. You may want to checkthe authentication and frequency used by the AP.

Are you able to iteration the network interfaces in code? If so, does your adapter shows up?

In the C# sample the network.Enable call takes a long time, approximately 30 seconds, but no output to the console, even after 5 minutes.

in case you want script, could you try:

• reset the board,
  • start ssh root@…
  • init_wifi.sh [SSID] [passwd]
  • wait for timeout
  • type “ifconfig wlan0 down” and enter
  • type “iwconfig wlan0 channel auto” and enter
  • type “ifconfig wlan0 up” and enter
  • type “ifconfig” and enter. Check if you have IP address yet.