Who's working on what?

Alright, in preparation of the goods heading our way, I was thinking about how this group can best help GHI with debugging and generally shaking things out before production. Some folks have definite plans on what they want to use the new hardware for, others may not.

I was wondering if it would make sense for us (the test users) to have a discussion what what features we will be using (or are currently using with current hardware), and over the next few weeks we can try to cover off all of the TinyCLR 2.0 features as best we can. I for one would be happy to take on a feature that maybe isn’t being looked at by the group, just to make sure we cover everything off. Looks like there’s something like 30 of us?

John

3 Likes

I like the Idea, also I would like to check with GHI if they use a bug/issue tracking system, it may be helpful for us to create/update issues there (or maybe promoted from a forum discussion)?

For me I work mostly on the following features:
CAN communication
Multi-Device SPI Communication
Fast RLP Interrupt Servicing (I will be testing the new thread response to see if we don’t need RLP for ISR)

Issues can go on here https://github.com/ghi-electronics/TinyCLR-Samples which is where we will add all kind of examples.

1 Like

need a little help how to (include as part of)
compile interopt as part of firmware (no as rlp)

for example create G30 firmware to include XTEA (or InteroptTest) as part of it (by creation of firmware) - I mean for TinyCLR OS 1.0 (since on 2.0 still ongoing)

For me porting would use / test functionality in order:

SD Storage
USB Client removable storage
CAN
SQLite
Basic IO and analog IO
UART RS232 and RS485
USB Client CDC
IFU from SD Storage
SPI Flash
Application protection
Modbus TCPIP
Secure networking

You can’t as we haven’t enabled that feature for security reasons

so no RLP more

It is there but it is not enabled. We have to think about this very hard before we enable, for security reasons.

SITCore stands for secure iot. So secure comes first :grin:

All the stuff i am working on is secret squirrel :speak_no_evil:

But in saying that…anything with LED’s :rofl:

I’m currently working on some home Automation.
At it’s heart is a Raspi 3B with rasparian. My app runs on .NET core 3.1.
Currently it is only a data logger für by solar Panel stuff, but I want it to exten somewhat and I for sure will Need some satelites or even an Operator Panel somewhere in the house.

2 Likes

I think that I will test (secure) networking with WiFi and ENC28, furthermore Modbus connection to a current smartmeter that I want to install in our house.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I’ll put a bit of a list together when we get rolling here…

John

1 Like

For me if its available i would test the following:

OTA updates (hopefully cloud or roll my own if the ability is there)
Secure wifi
simple 16x2 lcd (SPI)
Digital and analog IO
Application protection
heavy framework processing

most important for me is OTA, app protection

You can do cloud and you can do local files.

1 Like

for automation i use any pc to act like broker by using mqttnet and ms sql (now i’m going to make dashboard and broker on blazor)

(stm32f4xx)devices with mqtt client
and esp8266(at 1.7 firmware) now i’m going to change esp8266 with esp32 (because i can compile at firmware 2.0 with enabled support for mqtt,http and tls 1.0,1.1,1.2,1.3 (only one standard can choose),but ethernet enabled at firmware do not work at moment)

and an android tablet/phone with mqtt dash (Free app,no ads and work pretty well a lot of icon select)

1 Like

The features I use are:
TCP/IP with a plain socket protocol (needs to be 100% solid)
UART (RS232)
I2C
In-field update via USB Client
PWM
Heavy Multithreading
Real-time clock

Will you be building your own PC application, or how are you planning on doing this?

This has just been posted https://new.ghielectronics.com/protecting-applications/

2 Likes

Hi Gus,
I misspoke. I meant USB host. I just use a flash drive with the hex files in a specific location. I light up some LEDs on my front panel that indicate the system is looking for an insertion event. If the stick is plugged in during this time, the update proceeds if a firmware file is present. I assume the “client” part is what you noticed there?

Yes, host is easy.

I think there is one additional question that might be appropriate for this thread. What is the timeline for GHI and this beta? I am sure we all would like to provide feedback on a timeline that is helpful for GHI. That being said, I am sure I am not the only one that has multiple demands on my time. Having some feeling from GHI about this would help me plan to make sure everyone gets the most from this.