FEZ Bit thread: Who wants to stay home and play?

Who said we can’t serve professionals and also have some fun?

Note to insiders: this is a public teaser post.

7 Likes

Your teasing is cruel if it is not available very soon! :wink:

2 Likes

fully agree !!!

Code under: Official Demos/FEZ Bit

5 Likes

my grand-son would like to get one of those and I would be happy to program it… coming soon I hope

1 Like

Just tasted HelloBot and it works. They are very similar.

4 Likes

Moving on to the next kit, this uses the same circuit as BitBot smart car. So it will just work!!

4 Likes

Tested the Lego like kit that included a circuit called SuperBit. Also works as expected. But I noted that the power supply oscillates sometimes! Needs further investigation!

3 Likes

Tues is a great kit to help you teach IoT and physical computing. You know that WiFi and cloud are included right?

3 Likes

Here is another kit with sensors. I am going to be monitoring this plant from azure, AWS, Google cloud, IFTTT and adafruit IO!!!

4 Likes

Do you love LEDs? I know you do!

Here is the code

var neo = new GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Drivers.Neopixel.WS2812.WS2812(FEZBit.GpioPin.EdgeP0,25);
for(var i = 0; i < 25; i++) {
    neo.SetColor(i, i * 10, 0, 255 - i * 10);
    neo.Draw();
    Thread.Sleep(50);
}

3 Likes

While there are 3 large pads on FEZ Bit to connect crocodile wire, this house board exposes all 20 pins for easy access. The kit contains all kind of sensors!!

It even includes motors and some lego-style blocks.

3 Likes

That board standing straight up on that tank like that makes me very nervous… One flip of the tank and it’ll be dead. Any protective support?

2 Likes

It is Lego, meaning you have the option to build whatever you like.

1 Like

Tested dfrobot MaxBot. Those motors work as full rotation servos on pins that so not support pwm. I started using software pwm and then realized we do but have three needed feature yet. I have put in a request for it.

3 Likes

Ah, I see. I thought that was a carrier board you made. Cool.

Tomorrow, Gus will present a nuclear powerplant based on this board ! :wink:
How many kit have you ? Is it Christmas ? :rofl:

3 Likes

Those are only a couple I grabbed from the office since we are working from home. We have many more at the office :nerd_face:

1 Like

I thought that was already a standard internal feature of every TinyCLR chip. No?

3 Likes

Yah, Ver 3.00 will do fusion, fission is sooo old school…

2 Likes