Which 4

Hi guys,

Being interested in a new development, I need to have a 4"3 touchcscreen to achieve my goal.

At this time, I know that I can use the couple "Cobra / TS 4"3 (product 241)…

Is it possible to have Hydra or Spider with a 4"3 touchscreen right now ? (using GHI screen or
other manufacturer touchscreen ? )

Thanks

Edit:
I’ve found this one:

http://gadgeteerguy.com/Catalog/ArticleView/tabid/142/ArticleId/5/LCD-Display.aspx

Is it the only one available ?

I know GHI is about to launch a new touchscreen, but… when will it be available ? at what cost ?

The one you found should work. We never tested it as teh manufacture never sent us one (sadly!) so if you test it please let us know how well it works.

ok I will

This means that GHI is not able, at this time, to propose something else than this display ?

Won’t you propose in the near future (less than 2 weeks) a 4.3 display touchscreen ?

@ Monz - Gus gets in big trouble for leaking info like your asking for… it’s not that he does not want to tell you. If you have a bigger brother, you’ll know they don’t hesitate to pound on you when annoyed, at least when you were kids :smiley: I think Gus has been through a few “meetings” like this after letting some new product tidbit loose on this forum before it was official.

I know gus can’t tell

but GHI could give some information about the fact that 4.3 will be available within few weeks or months or just tell… go and buy the one you’ve shown because we won’t be able to answer your wishes before your needs…

[quote]I know gus can’t tell

but GHI could give some information about the fact that 4.3 will be available within few weeks or months or just tell… go and buy the one you’ve shown because we won’t be able to answer your wishes before your needs…[/quote]

I think it is GHI’s policy to announce a product when they are confident that they will be able to deliver on the date promised.

I would think that if you wished to purchased a few thousand of the 4.3" displays, GHI would be able to privately give you a date.

We have 4.3" displays http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/241
It is a matter of giving them the gadgeteer socket :slight_smile:

Nothing is available today but we are working on many new options.

ok great

As you may have noticed, the one I mentioned in my first link is a little bit cheaper than the one you pointed out…

Anyway, I guess that for this project, I will go and try the one above…

I will try to make you a return when bought and used with success (cross fingers)