What is the beta tester program? What is USB client support?

I need a USB reader for the USB flash drive. :stuck_out_tongue: I wish the domino can “mount” the usb flash drive on the pc and access files just like directly connecting the usb drive to the pc.

USB flash drive → PC = X:\ (my computer)
USB flash drive → Domino → Bluetooth via UART → PC w/ Bluetooth = X:\ (just like the above)

I take it the “mode” jumper is the one that sets the debug interface?

Yes it is the one

Hey guys, the project I’m working on at this moment requires that I simply read the voltages being passed to the FEZ Domino from various programming languages; namely Matlab at this given moment. Will this beta allow me to dispense with using an additional connection to the com port via a USB2Serial converter? I ask as it would save me some time ordering the parts and not to mention the simplicity; in terms of overall product design.

Cheers

TC

PS I may have asked in another post as to how much experience one might need for the Beta; Alas, I found the information :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I’m not intentionally trying to bump up my rating Laughs

In order to use USB for serial emulation (CDC), you need to use COM1 for debugging…basically, you need to use a serial port anyway, for debugging or for transferring data…so you really do not need the beta.

Hi,
it would be better if anyone could access the beta firmwares because some people like us are developing commercial products based on USBIZI and we do not post regulary in the forum but still want to get access to the beta firmwares to test new features.
I think you should think about this 50+ post limitation and let everyone download these firmwares directly with a big hint that beta firmwares are not for everyone. A beginner will see this and use the beta firmware only if he/she desperatly needs the features provided only by the beta firmware. But then he/she has to work themselfs into programming…
Holger

A lot of beginners missed the big red alert notice to the right also. ---->

If you have experince and need the befa then you only have to send an email to GHI and they will give you access to the beta :slight_smile:

I just sent you an email with the link :slight_smile: Have fun!

Hey Gus,

I’m not sure what someone without access sees on the beta page (if they see it at all), but what about putting a link there for people to apply to get the beta?