What do you think about www.FEZZer.com?

Have you seen this? [url]http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/15/1226[/url]

How do you like it?

[title]Edit: We no longer use fezzer.com We moved it to be local on this website http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare[/title]

Looks very good so far :clap:

Question/request : could it be possible to upload more than one file, though ? Not necessarily another .cs file.
If I take my example, I have a .chm help file that can be useful to use the driver but I can’t offer it with the code.

Anyway, it’s easy to use and fast. :clap:

Problems encountered so far :

• only one tag is taken into account. I can’t put those tags : “lcd, driver, devantech, i2c, serial” (without quotes, of course)

• the checkbox “My C# file requires a usage example.” is always checked, even though I uncheck it

Edit:

• just found out that we have to use pre-programmed tags :wink:
    Then, would you please add I2C and Serial, then ? Serial because it may not be RS232.

I also can’t add an image, either .gif or .png, to my already existing code snippet :

[quote]Notice: Undefined variable: ext in /home/fezzer/public_html/process/project.php on line 147

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fezzer/public_html/process/project.php:147) in /home/fezzer/public_html/lib/data/Status.php on line 18[/quote]

Josh was in a rush trying to get this up today so I guess he was too much in a rush :frowning:

Looks really nice! Only comment I have is that you might want to change the name. I’m not quite sure what to make of fezzer, but it just doesn’t sound right.

“Yes, unfortunately, he was a serial fezzer”

It’s a beta, I don’t worry :wink:

Nothing can be perfect at the very first beginning :hand: And the more users, the more reports… All what you can’t see when you’re not enough people.

Chris uses and loves FEZ so he is a FEZZer I guess. I am not sure who came up with the name and why but I will check.

Is this the code exchange?

Yep but I guess the name doesn’t imply that :slight_smile:

Some one who uses a FEZ is a FEZ-zer. It’s not unlike Google, Twitter, Blogger, Flickr, Tumblr, Reddit, etc. What does TinyCLR have to do with Freakin’ Easy!? Not much but we’re used to it. The fact that it’s new means it seems odd. I think it makes perfect sense. You either have a logical name e.g. microframeworkprojects.com or a short simple one that you can build recognition upon; Fezzer.com. I personally would choose the latter.

Anyway, it is the start of code exchange and will be more easily recognizable as more is added to it. Thanks for all the feedback.

[quote]- only one tag is taken into account. I can’t put those tags : “lcd, driver, devantech, i2c, serial” (without quotes, of course)

• the checkbox “My C# file requires a usage example.” is always checked, even though I uncheck it[/quote]

Bec,

The lcd, devantech, i2c, serial tags don’t exist so they will not be added. Currently this appears to be an error due to lack of information. At the moment only FEZ Heroes can create tags. I will add the ones you mentioned and you can update your project.

What version browser are you using that the checkbox isn’t working?

I have a scroll bar blocking the submit button at the bottom of create project.

About Opera
Version information
Version

Build

Platform
Win32

System
Windows NT 6.1

XHTML+Voice
Plug-in not loaded

Browser identification

Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; U; en) Presto/2.6.30 Version/10.62

Ok. Then, you should mention that fact somewhere indeed. It’s not a problem or a bug, but we just should know that :wink:

I’m using Firefox 3.6 and tried with latest Chrome too. Both show the same behaviour : even if I check the box, the code example appears and the box is checked when I edit the project.

Very nice guys!
I thought code exchange would be added to the site, not a separate website…?

The code block should not be in full length. With large pieces of code you will have to scroll too much to get to the Usage example.

:frowning: :smiley:

I probably won’t make it to start adding stuff this weekend, but I will add stuff this week 8)

Very nice work Josh and team! :clap:

Not bad guys!

Can we have session state and cookies for login saving please ? I hate logging in again :slight_smile: and again ??? and again ::slight_smile: and again :’(

Will the final layout reflect the tinyclr (black / blue) layout instead of the white / green?

Maybe a link in the tinyclr menu would come in handy?

Greetings,
Eric

No links, it is up for demo purposes only

I just tried to add few drivers, basically moving code from the component drivers we have on this website to code share. I found quite a few bugs and forwarded them all to our web master. I must say that I am really impressed with how fluid everything is. Still ruff around the edges but I am sure in a week it will be all fixed…I hope :slight_smile:

Take a look and you will see how beter things look.
For example, would you rather see this?
[url]http://www.tinyclr.com/downloads/Extension/FEZ_Extensions_MP3.cs[/url]
or this?
[url]http://www.fezzer.com/project/16/mp3-decoder-extension/[/url]

:smiley: :smiley: :clap:

It doesn’t matter josh. I didn’t check the box and the end project is still showing “paste your code here”

Hmmm, can you upload zip files of the entire project, or is this just snippets?