W5100 udp

This is what we have been trying to explain at maker fair to users…there is “example” Wiznet drivers for some devices…and the it “professional” support for wiznet. There is huge difference when you need help :slight_smile:

And thanks for everyone working with us on pushing this from beta to the public release.

Brett,

If you were to choose between to have extra free flash space (3KB probably) and to support connect() style with UDP for more compatibility, what do you choose?

Your opinion is important for us.

Joe:

My 2 cents…

Connect for UDP is not a show stopper. I have never used it before.

You still need to build an IPEndPoint to do the connect. Instead of throwing it away, save it and use it with the SendTo.

If implemented a function should work consistantly across the Micro Framework versions, USBizi/EMX.

But, not being implemented is also OK. MF is the world of not implemented versus full .NET.

from my perspective, I am still not sure I can do the relative tradeoff of 3k vs Send() implemented, but as long as there’s a way to achieve what is needed, then there’s no need to implement the alternative just for “completeness”. Like Mike says, it’s not unexpected that there’s a compromise in netmf, it’s about choosing what features you’re going to make available on a “more restricted” hardware platform - and in this case we have an alternative, so it’s not a feature cut more a compatibility cut.

Thank you Mike and Brett. We will see try our best to have this feature as perfect as possible for with release firmware.