W5100 sample code

I have a Seeeduino WZ5100. Yes you will have to move the jumpers to get it to work on a FEZ. The default is to use the ISP connector.

Oh I forgot to mention that the code I posted to FEZZER was using the new driver code and is running on a Seeeduino Ethernet shield. http://www.fezzer.com/project/165/panda-based-web-server/

Hi dave,

I just received my seeeduino ethernet shield.
Can you indicate which jumpers I have to move? Or can you maybe post a picture of you board?

Best regards,

Hullie

Near the IPS connector and towards the DIO pins you will see 4 pads. Three of them will have 0ohm resistors ( smd jumpers) solder toward the edge. Carefully unsolder these and move them to the other end.
When you look closely at this picture you will see that I was not very careful and lost all but one of mine. So I had to replace them with a small piece of wire. No Big Deal.
The forth connector is to enable the interrupt.
I hope this helps.

Oh wow, perfect. Thanks for your quick reply Dave!
I’m going to give it a try!

YES! It’s working now.
Your soldering looks way better than mine does :-[
But… it’s working… ;D

Hmm… I didn’t see that shield before. Looks really nice in white and what a perfect match for Panda!

Ethernet is working now. But I2C stopped working, but I need I2C for my display to function. I2C is at pin 2 (SDA)
When I measure, I see that this pin 2 (SDA) is connected to the INT2 at the Seeeduino netwerk shield.

As stated before, the jumper INT2 (short circuit) is for the interrupt.

Is this interrupt essential for the board to function?

no, you can remove the jumper

interrupt is not implemented at the moment in the wiz5100 code on the Fez. That’s not to say it won’t be in the future, but for now you should be fine unsoldering that jumper.

You could then consider jumpering it with a shielded wire to a different port, looks like they have exposed solder pads for each of those if / when you need it.

Ok, thanks Gus, Brett.

I’m going to give the DFRobot Ethernet shield a try since I have one here. Is there any documentation on the SD card slot on that shield? Any drivers for it?

[url]http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=169[/url]

Thanks!

It is not supported, the SD card on arduino/netduino use SPI bus for SD cards (slow), we use a real 4-bit bus interface.

See this microframeworkprojects.com - This website is for sale! - microframeworkprojects Resources and Information.