Visual Studio 2017 Crash after deploying to G400

Hi,

Trying to write some code for my FEZ Raptor. Did bootloader and TinyCLR update, so can use it now, but each time I’m debugging - getting the following error after deploying (this is VS crash and VS closing after this):

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Debugger.Request.Wait()
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Debugger.Engine.SyncRequest(GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Debugger.WireProtocol.OutgoingMessage, Int32, Int32)
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Debugger.Engine.ResolveAllAssemblies()
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.CorDebugProcess.LoadAssemblies()
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.CorDebugProcess.UpdateAssemblies()
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.CLREventsBreakpoint.Hit(Debugging_Execution_BreakpointDef)
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.CorDebugProcess.BreakpointHit(Debugging_Execution_BreakpointDef)
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.CorDebugProcess.DrainBreakpoints()
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.CorDebugProcess.OnCommand(GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Debugger.WireProtocol.IncomingMessage, Boolean)
   at GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Debugger.Engine.NotificationThreadWorker()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

What it could be, please?

We only officially support VS2013 .NET Micro Framework Getting Started

Got you. Thank you for the response.

Just realised, that I use TinyCLR and your link is for MicroFramework.
Here Getting Started is says VS2017, or it is still VS2013?

Actually it is 2019 for TinyCLR 2.0. we do not support 1.0 anymore. Docs are getting updated this month.

As for netmf, 2013

VS2019 behavior is absolutely the same. Crashes on debugger attachment.
I overall can see, that controller becomes unresponsive with some programs and I need boot loader, erase TinyCLR and install it again.

Which board?

FEZ Raptor

We no longer support TinyCLR on any of the old boards. You need NETMF and VS2013 fro anything old.

Announcement comes later this month about the new products.