Vb.net

Reminds me of a holiday song I did over at C9 some years ago. (Think of my favorite things)

[italic]If language is VB, me thinks I go du-du,
loves me some c# with braces and strudel,
Mem’ry and thread pools all tied up with strings
Multi-line lambdas makes four cores go sing…
When the queues pop,
and the locks drop,
when I’m feeling sad,
I simply remember those great c# things,
and then I don’t feeeeel sooooo bad…
[/italic]

:slight_smile:

BTW - I just realized something. If you are a MicroFramework programmer, you are an MF’er. There is a T-Shirt in there somewhere…

Smalltalk for me is still my favourite language, if only that ran on the FEZ :smiley:

Objective-C is my least favourite >:(

Smalltalk still lives as well, I have one of these Symbolic Sound Kyma: Company Pacarana which runs this : Symbolic Sound Kyma: Company WebHome

Smalltalk runs on this unit for setting up sounds.

Andy

One of the nice things about the NET languages it that it is very easy to swap between them, even within the same project.

When one writes in VB or C# the code you produce is firstly converted into a universal language called CLR (Common Runtime Language), and that is then run.

So if you have a C# class and a VB Class - both are converted into the CLR so that their interfaces are then visible to each other.

There ate a lot of NET languages out there nowaday. All it needs is for someone to write a converter to the CLR and it works.

And yes - There is a Visual Cobol!!!

Take care
Dave

I’m pretty sure that writing .NetMF code in Visual Cobol is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Took a couple of required Cobol classes in college … glad I never had to use it professionally.

I’m going to stick with C# myself, but I guess if that is an insurmountable obstacle for others then lets add VB.NET by all means. The more fluent .NETMF people the better it is for everyone.

-Eric

wow : [url]http://www.refactory.com/Software/SharpSmalltalk/[/url]