Main Site Documentation

Utility.SetLocalTime

Hi

I am using a Fez spiderboard and with help from this forum I have managed to get the RTC working which is great.

But when I try to set the System Time from the RTC using the following code line:

I get a problem as the Utility.SetlocalTime does not exist as a command for some reason.

So.... I did some searching on the internet and found that it is part of the 
```cs]Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware [/code
namespace.

I checked my project reference and it is in the list of reference for my project so I thought that I ought to add  the following to my code:-

```cs]using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware [/code

However, when I do this I get various errors  in the Error list all based around the following:-

'Button' is an ambiguous reference between 'Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Button' and 'Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Button'	

Now.... I am using a button module from GHI hence I assumme that is why the Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Button' is needed.

The list of GHI 'using' statements  that are in my code are as follows:-

```cs
using GHI.Premium.Hardware;
using Gadgeteer.Networking;
using GT = Gadgeteer;
using GTM = Gadgeteer.Modules;
using Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics;

Can anyone help explain where I am going wrong or what the problem is?

The reason I want to use local time isthat I am assumming it isa lot quicker to access/ manipluate local time than it is to keep getting the time from the RTC.

Apologies if my terminology is not quite correct.

Much appreciated

Paul

Have been having a play and have found that I can get the UtilitySetLocalTime to work by using the following code line:-

Is this the only way to avoid the conflict between  Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware and Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Button?

Despite these teething problems and my lack of understanding this Gadegetter stuff is REALLY fun

Thanks

Paul

;D