I’m a noob and have some noob questions. I’m using a FEZ Panda II and I’m going through the “.NET & Internet of things” tutorial and all was working fine until I got to the Fading LED. It won’t load. So, then I revisited the Firmware of the FEZ Panda II.
That’s where the questions begin.
The release notes on my computer:
• USBizi (FEZ Mini, FEZ Domino, FEZ Rhino, FEZ Panda) V 22.214.171.124
• EMX (FEZ Cobra) V 126.96.36.199, TinyBooter V 188.8.131.52
• ChipworkX V 184.108.40.206 TinyBooter V 220.127.116.11
• GHI NETMF Library V 18.104.22.168
Which one of those version numbers should I be using to compare with the results from my Deployment tool?
The result of my Deployment tool: Device Capabilities:
• SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 22.214.171.124
To me, I would think I would be looking at the USBizi version: 126.96.36.199 and comparing that with the Panda II device: 188.8.131.52 and think I need to upgrade.
So, then I get the USBizi Updater and no matter what I do, I can not get it to update the Firmware.
I’m following the instructions on the USBizi Updater application and in the Firmware Update USBizi Wiki.
No matter what, it says it Cannot connect to the device.
I realize this is the #1 mistake, but I’m having problems updating the firmware.
I can ping, erase my application, get the version, but I can’t update the firmware.
- Press and hold the loader LDR button down
- Press and release the RESET button
- Release the loader button
- Press update to proceed.
and the response is:
Connecting to device…
Cannot connect to the device! Follow steps 1 to 3.
I have disconnected the device and held the LDR button down while connecting it and many other variations.