USBizi Development System

I got a USBizi Dev System for XMas what an awesome gift. Do you plan to make a breakout board that has the same connectors as the FEZ boards? So we can use the same extras with it?

Thanks.

You can think of FEZ as the breakout for USBizi chipset. The USBizi development system is more suitable for someone wanting to solder some circuitry where FEZ is made to be much simpler.

FEZ boards are reasonably priced so maybe get one in addition to what you already have

I am sure I will buy a few of the FEZ devices. So no break-out board, do you know where I can get the JST3AA pcb connectors so I can make my own breakout board?

this is Digikey part number :455-1705-ND

but we will have them available on our website soon

I just got mine running today - I’ve been too busy with the Panda stuff to get the USBizi dev system running. But now it and it is great. This will be perfect for a tiny robot platform I am working on.

Hi,

I still have two USBizi development systems kicking around and would like to use them in project. What cat I do to update them to the latest .NET MF 4.1?
The USB driver provided in the GHI NET MF SDK is no longer working. Is there an archive of old SDKs/Drivers?

And the most important question is: “is it doable to do uprgade of USB Dev System to .NET MF 4.1 (4.2)?”

Thanks,
Pavel

Yes you can use latest 4.1. This was discontinued years ago so the help we can provide is limited.

Thanks Gus, it’s a good news…
Yup it was back in the .NET MF 2.5/3 :slight_smile: All I really need is the old GHI SDK with the working driver and then I can work my way through the updates.
Is there and archive of old SDKs?

Thanks,
Pavel

4.1 is on the support page already. That is what you need.

the 4.1 update package on the website now supports USBizi, although I think the one I am running (for my Fez Panda fleet) is available from .NET Micro Framework – GHI Electronics (the best place to start is http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads )

Ok, thanks for your help guys! I’ve been able to update the both my boards with latest firmaware.

Pinout is here: http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/USBizi/USBizi_DevSys_Broch.pdf

If some is going to do the same: Connect the PIN1 (BL) on HEADER 1 to PIN 2 (GND) on HEADER 2. This way you will be able to get into the boot loader.