I’m new to this forum and I’m glad that nowadays there are such powerful tools that ease the development of embedded/hobby devices and are so many people who like to tweak them
I would like to develop a yet another WAV audio player and have the following requirements from the board I’m looking for:
- Be able to handle USB hard drive with minimum of 250GB capacity
- Required minimum continuous USB file read spead of 200KB/sec, ideally 2MB/sec
- Accept input of an external clock (2.8224MHz) (with I/O pins)
- Have at least 2 output I/O pins for I2S format output.
As I’m accustomed with .Net framework I would love to try my skills in the embedded world and write a simple application that would act as an WAV-I2S streamer and file playlist navigator.
- Did somebody try to measure the through maximum USB read transfer rate of the FEZ Domino board?
- Can I have at least 200KB/sec continuous read speed from an USB hard drive?
- What is the maximum USB hard drive capacity that can be accessed with FEZ Domino? other USB Hosts from the market are limited to access 512byte cluster sized HDDs only, which would limit the max capacity to ~100GB.
I hope the answers will be positive as I’m kinda lost my hope to find an easy way to complete my project.