-I- Waiting …
-I- TCL platform : Windows NT
-I- SAM-BA 2.12 on : windows
current connection is \USBserial\COM5, \USBserial\COM5 to be matched
-I- Retrieved arguments from command line :
-I- argv 0 : \USBserial\COM5
-I- argv 1 : at91sam9g15-ek
-I- argv 2 : Loader.tcl
-I- Connection : \USBserial\COM5 (target(comType) = 0)
-I- Board : at91sam9g15-ek
-I- Traces Level : 4
-I- target(handle) : 49237592
Read device Chip ID at 0xfffff240 — get 0x819a05a1
-I- Found processor : at91sam9g15 (Chip ID : 0x819a05a1)
sourcing device file C:/Program Files (x86)/Atmel/sam-ba_2.12/sam-ba.exe/…/tcl_lib/devices/at91sam9g15.tcl
sourcing board description file C:/Program Files (x86)/Atmel/sam-ba_2.12/sam-ba.exe/…/tcl_lib/at91sam9g15-ek/at91sam9g15-ek.tcl
-I- Loading applet applet-lowlevelinit-sam9g15.bin at address 0x300000
-I- Memory Size : 0x0 bytes
-I- Buffer address : 0x4
-I- Buffer size: 0x0 bytes
-I- Applet initialization done
-I- Low level initialized
-I- External RAM Settings : extRamVdd=0, extRamType=1, extRamDataBusWidth=32, extDDRamModel=0
-I- External RAM Settings : extRamVdd=0, extRamType=1, extRamDataBusWidth=32, extDDRamModel=0
-I- Loading applet applet-extram-sam9g15.bin at address 0x300000
-I- Memory Size : 0x8000000 bytes
-I- Buffer address : 0x300B90
-I- External RAM initialized
-I- Command line mode : Execute script file : Loader.tcl
-I- Loading applet applet-extram-sam9g15.bin at address 0x300000
-I- Memory Size : 0x8000000 bytes
-I- Buffer address : 0x300B90
-I- DATAFLASH::Init 0 (trace level : 4)
-I- Loading applet applet-dataflash-sam9g15.bin at address 0x20000000
-E- Script File Loader.tcl returned error : Error Initializing DataFlash Applet (Can’t detect known device) - Error Initializing DataFlash Applet (Can’t detect known device)
while executing
"error “Error Initializing DataFlash Applet ($dummy_err)”"
(procedure “DATAFLASH::Init” line 14)
invoked from within
"DATAFLASH::Init 0"
(file “Loader.tcl” line 11)
invoked from within
"source $scriptFile"

I am now stuck with a white screen. Please help.

have you done this multiple times ? I’ve seen that error most times when SamBA loses comms to the processor so re-doing the update has worked for me.

I also have tried a different computer and rerunning update.bat but no success. Raptor is frozen.

@ KG1 - Did you removed the short (Pin 8 on Socket number 3 to Pin 10 (Ground)) after the device has booted in loader mode and before you start the batch file?

Initially I could not determine the COM port as shown in the manual. I ran update.bat and at the bottom of the log.txt file indicated that it detected COM5. I reran update.bat with “5” and produced the file above. I think that I may have not released pin 8 from pin 10 properly. I am now using a switch on pin 8 to pin 10: tested on a different computer that correctly shows COM4:

Ports: AT91 USB to Serial Converter (COM4)

Ran update.bat as administrator:
After several seconds:
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Atmel\sam-ba_2.12\sam-ba.exe
Abnormal program termination

Log.txt file:
-I- Waiting …
-I- TCL platform : Windows NT
-I- SAM-BA 2.12 on : windows
current connection is \USBserial\COM4, \USBserial\COM4 to be matched

Resetting Raptor does not reboot system.
Thank you for your reply.

So I really am not sure what your current state is. I’d step through the process and document what you do. On your original machine, attach the raptor as-is. What do you see in Device Manager ? Then, holding in your pin8/pin10 button, hit reset. Did you hear the disconnect/reconnect noises ? What now appears in Device Manager ? Then, making sure you’re an administrative user, run the updater, what happens ?

(also I have a faint recollection of needing Samba 2.14 as 2.12 wasn’t sufficient for some reason… )

Just checked: R5 installs V2.12

Doesn’t make it right :wink:

What OS are you on ? What does Device Manager show??

As stated above: Ports: “AT91 USB to Serial Converter (COM4)”

So how about we step through this then?

@ Brett
I am using Windows 8.1 on the original pc. Please look through the photos attached:
I then rebooted CLR. The device manager reverts back to photo 2 but the screen remains white. If I try to do a reconfigure of the N7 LCD I get a message “no response”.
Please advise.
Kevin.

Can you try this for me as I had some of the same problems you had, until I used the MFDeploy application which is installed with NetMF (default location is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Tools\MFDeploy.exe ) and in that app select ‘Plug-in’ from the main menu and then select ‘Debug’ and then ‘Reboot CLR’ and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you for your reply Duke. At present the Raptor is dropping in and out of connection but I was able to connect to MFDeploy long enough to get the attached result.

I didn’t see you mention you did the firmware deployment after the loader update worked correctly? The loader update looked good though !

As for the N7, is it possible to try to get reliable working device without that first, and then get that configured ? I just wonder if there’s something specific about that that’s getting in the road at the moment

@ Brett It is since my note about MFDeploy that I tried loading the firmware. This was successful after several attempts. It is not stable. Later checks on "Check device for update revert back to “Not present on this device”. I am presently on Windows 7. But note that the dropping in and out of connection was the same on both machines. At this moment the correct screen is displaying: G400 Version: 4.3.6.0 Debug: USB1 LCD: 800x480 Waiting for debug commands… I have the USB connected and a 12v supply. What best to try next. I tried to run a simple program but that would not deploy. If I power off and back on the screen is back to white and a ping from FEZ Config gives Tinybooter. What do you suggest I try?

I have a small program running now. Problem fixed. Thank you.