Updating Spider with 4.2 Preview Release

I just tried to update my Spider with the preview 4.2 SDK released yesterday and I am having a problem.

I found the Spider Updater in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Firmware Update” directory. It was compiled June 15, 2012.

When I opened it, the TinyBooter and Firmware textboxes were pointing at the 4.1 files instead of the 4.2 files.

I changed the TinyBooter textbox to point at the 4.2 tinyboot file, and then selected the two firmware files in the 4.2 firmware directory.

When I hit the next button, I got a message that the sig file was missing. I verified that there was a sig file in the 4.1 firmware directory, but not the 4.2.

I noticed that there are three copies of the FEZSpiderMianboardUpdater.exe in the distribution, each with different compilation dates. I don’t know if they
are actually from different code bases.

At a minimum, the updater under the 4.2 directory should point at 4.2 files instead of 4.1 files. The sig issue is still a mystery to me.

What am I missing?

BTW, I uninstalled all of the GHI and MS SDK stuff before installing the preview;.

Thanks for feedback. Will fix in next release.

Is the sig file missing?

I do not think it is required with this release. If updater doesn’t work them use the old manual update way.

I think the guys should review all updaters.

HI,

I have the same problem.

Some work-arround to skip sig file ?

I Use this Updater
C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Firmware Update\FEZSpiderMainboardUpdater.exe

Thanks in advance,

I tried all those 3 updaters:

FEZSpiderMainboardUpdater.exe 2012-06-15 12:06 1.871 KB Firmware Update (C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK)

FEZSpiderMainboardUpdater.exe 2012-02-16 11:04 Application 1,869 KB Firmware Update (C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK)

FEZSpiderMainboardUpdater.exe 2012-01-12 08:16 Application 1.871 KB Firmware Update (C:\Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI .NET Gadgeteer SDK)

See firmware update on wiki to see how to do if manual. We fix this Monday.

Please see note added to this thread http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7457

For EMX Updater using 4.2 SDK there are only two files but it requires Three so what should do for third file???

@ Sid -

The issue was resolved in the Beta that was released June 22, 2012.

Welcome to the forums!