UK gadgeteer Hackathon

Following on from a tweet from @ Duke Nukem at the weekend im planning on going to this .Net Gadgeteer hackathon on the south coast of the UK. on Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:00 AM

If there is anyone else interested then all are welcome.

Here is a brief Synopsis

[em]The problem!

Bee keeping is not a simple task but is very rewarding as the hive is a complex, well balanced eco system. Unfortunately the bee population is in decline and they need all the help they can get, hence the idea behind this project. By logging a few simple data points, such as temp, humidity, weight we can gain info about the health of the bee hive.

Over the weekend the aim is to build an extensible sensor infrastructure which saves data online and displays the information so as to assist bee hive owners.[/em]

1 Like

@ HughB - Going to see if i can make at least one day - if not i might send you a couple of modules that will help :wink:

1 Like

That would be cool. If you can make it that would be great. I think some of the MS Guys will be there too.

Might be some of the lot i get to meet on the 22nd :wink:

Going to post anything from this??? Iā€™d love to see the agenda etc.

@ Duke Nukem - Here is the agenda. I will hopefully be postiing to Google+, Twitter and here on teh days of the event. And many thanks for the original tweet. If you hadnt i would have missed this fun :slight_smile:

Saturday, 27th April

9:30am - Welcome & problem statement
10am - Form groups and hackathon begins
12:00 - Lunch
5:30pm - Team status reports
6pm - Pizza
Then something food like in Southampton

Sunday, 28th April

9am - Doors open & Breakfast
10am - Team status report
12pm - Pizza
3:00pm - Hackathon ends & judging begins
5:30pm - Judging completed & prizes awarded.

Prizes:

To be revealed!