Two timers in Gadgeteer

Thanks Brett:
Sorry, English is not my native language.
My task is simple.
I have two Xbee, I want to test the transmitting distance and to know how may packets can be received successfully in varies distance.
So, I will fix the xbee1 and move the xbee2 far from the xbee1.
I move the xbee2 to different place, the xbee2 will send a packect to xbee1, when xbee1 received the packet, it will send 100 packets back to xbee2.
Then xbee2 can know how many packets it received.
So I can calculate the rate=received packets/100.
1packet
Xbee1 <-<- <-<-xbee2

100 packets

Xbee1 ->->->->xbee2
1packet
Xbee1 <-<- <-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-xbee2

100 packets

Xbee1 ->->->->->->->->->->->->->->xbee2

ok, that’s pretty reasonably explained and helps us set some bounds of what your specific app will need to look like - I don’t have time right now to craft up something but I’ll try to squeak some time in on the train on the way home this afternoon.

Do you need to use two timers in the stop/start way at all for your wider application logic, or are we happy to drop that.

Oh and English might be my first language but I live in Australia so some others would still say I don’t speak English :slight_smile:

Actually, I have done my application use one timer.
What I want to know is why the serial port block the timer.

I think that the way you have your code structured at the moment with the two timers doesn’t make sense. I suspect your serial port is unlikely to be causing this issue. I think you’re the only one who is interested unfortunately… if you really want to get to the bottom of it prove that the same logic without a serial port interaction works in a particular way, and then prove it doesn’t work as you introduce the serial port.