Twitter tutorial

Nope :wink:

Iā€™ll be making a non-Gadgetos one when itā€™s finished like I did for the forum and ftp clients

Twitter client is coming along. Hereā€™s the latest pure NETMF (no Gadgetos) based on the same controls as I used on the TinyCLR forum client.

The twitter bird icon you see is what gets put up when the user profile image cannot be downloaded (for instance when it is a PNG).

Sample is now available [url]http://code.tinyclr.com/project/382/twitter-client/[/url]

5.0 as always! Thanks!

This runs stand alone or with gadgetos?

The version I uploaded is standalone.

The Gadgetos version has more features, an updated GUI and a better textbox. Did I mention you can now tap on the new textbox to set the caret instead of having to use the nav keys? :wink:

Awesome! I will pass this on to santa :wink:

The code appears to be dependent on a touchscreen. I think it would be nice to add a paragraph to the code page that tells what hardware and configuration is necessary to be able to run it as-is. Thanks!

Nice skewworks! 5* ;D

@ Architect & Robert, thanks guys! Glad you enjoy it. ;D

@ Ian thereā€™s just now pleasing you is there :P; Iā€™ll try and find some time to add screen calibration stuff.

@ Gus, sweet FEZ Santa

Youā€™re starting to sound like my wifeā€¦ :wink:

I wasnā€™t talking about anything detailed like calibration. I meant just a simple list of ā€œyouā€™ll need a FEZ Panda & Touch to run this codeā€ā€¦ It isnā€™t apparent what hardware I would need to run it. Would a Touch work or is it only for the ā€œbig boy toysā€?

Haha sorry man.

The interface on this needs a big boy but the Twitter code itself can run on pretty much anything with an ethernet or wifi connection.

It also works great inside the emulator

Speaking of Twitterā€¦ When is GHI going to jump on the boat??? Where is @ ghi?

@ ghielectronics :wink:

Ah! Thanks. I searched for that on Twitter and only found one mention so assumedā€¦ I guess that huge blue button on the home page should have been a hint. Itā€™s been a long week.

@ misenhower Congrats on making it to Channel 9!

This is great. Netmf is catching on fast.